Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Running in done!

NigelH

Completed the first 1000 miles today. I'm not about to go out and rev the nuts off the engine, but reckon I can now have a little bit more fun.

Completed the first 1000 miles today. I'm not about to go out and rev the nuts off the engine, but reckon I can now have a little bit more fun.

:lol: go for it

It'll still be tight but it does get better--I'm up to 4500 miles now and it's beginning to feel a bit looser......

No harm in giving it a few revs though--these new engines seem to love it! ;)

I'm up to 11500 miles nearly ready for first service, just seems to get better driving the more the miles go up.I would also let everyone know,Keep checking your engine oil as if like mine it wasn't full when I picked it up new!

I'm up to 11500 miles nearly ready for first service, just seems to get better driving the more the miles go up...

As with all new engines (cars, motor-bikes, etc) - it takes a while for the piston rings to 'bed' into the cylinder chamber walls.

Once they've done this (making the perfect seal) - the gas compression on each firing reaches its optimum - meaning more power

and better mpg. At 11500 miles - your engine is just about 'run in' perfectly & you should see better power & certainly more

miles from the fuel tank than when it was brand spanking new - straight out of the showroom.

Hence your statement "just seems to get better driving the more the miles go up..."

:)

Have we seen the pics then NigelH??

Have we seen the pics then NigelH??

Yeah - c'mon Nigel - pics please of that Zetec S.

:rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club