Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Focus Issues

2002FocusChris

Hi all,

I have a few niggles with my 2002 Mk1 focus 1.6 and was wondering af anyone else has come across them in the past and how they fixed them.

1. The central locking has a strange fault where the drivers door will lock and unlock both back doors and itself using the key in the door but not the passenger door, however if i use the key in the passenger door lock it does them all. If i try to lock it with the key in drivers door and passenger door is unlocked it locks and then unlocks again. This door has been replaced as old one was dented, it came with all locking mech etc still attached so just un plugged and plugged in new one just changing lock barrel over so key worked. Does it need programming at a dealer?

2. The key fob lock unlock buttons do not work, i have replaced the battery and tried the programming function described all over the interweb but no joy. Does this also need a trip to the stealers to get a new key transponder thingy and reprgramming?

3. And last, i was out in it the other day and the radio/stereo suddenly stopped working after a loud pop sound. It is a 6000cd and it still powers up, displays radio station changes channel turns volume up and down etc but i just gt no sound from any of the Speakers? Is there and amp fuse or something along those lines that could have blown?

All and any help is much appreciated

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sounds like the door module on your new passenger door is incompatible with the others, so you probably need to replace the door control module.

If the key fob is not working and not responding to the proper programming sequence, it suggests you may have an issue with the remote central control box, this is above the interior light so pull it out and check it over, then disconnect and reconnect a few times, then try program it once again.

As for the radio, yeah it sounds like the amp has probably gone, you will need to replace the stereo.

Brilliant! If I change the door module over for the one I luckily stripped out of the old door before I scrapped it do you reckon that will work? The rear passenger door works fine and that was changed at the same time?

Is the central locking control not down in drivers footwell? Have unplugged that and left for a while to no avail!

Hopefully I can figure stereo out can hear slight hissing noise from Speakers but doesn't get any louder/quieter with volume switch

It's possible that it will help it, if you already have the parts then it's better still and worth a shot.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club