Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting St Pod To Light Up

gaztdci90

It's starting to get to me now having fitted the st pod to my dash I would t know where to start to get it to light up at night, does anyone know how I can do this cheers

post-54155-141706067864_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Take the positive wire to the back of the headlight switch and connect to pin 16.

Alternatively take the live to one of the plugs on the demister switches (best source to use if you have a headlight switch with the dimmer wheel fitted).

• Like 2

Like Stoney says, there's a stack of feeds coming out of the dimmer switch going off to the demister switches and also the radio, heater panel, 12V power socket possibly the hazard button too. Pretty straight forward then to connect to the gauge pod.

The harder job would be to get the gauge pod to light up full while the lights are off then working off the dimmer once you put the lights on - same as the cluster does. Spent a fair amount of time looking into this but not tried out any of the possible solutions just yet.

• Like 1

I don't have a dimmer wheel on my headlight switch, would anyone be able to do this for me I'm ok wireing simple things but I wouldn't know where to start or what to do, which wire will I need to connect to rear heated screen switch and where on the pod, would I only need to run one wire

• Like 1

Like Stoney says, there's a stack of feeds coming out of the dimmer switch going off to the demister switches and also the radio, heater panel, 12V power socket possibly the hazard button too. Pretty straight forward then to connect to the gauge pod.

The harder job would be to get the gauge pod to light up full while the lights are off then working off the dimmer once you put the lights on - same as the cluster does. Spent a fair amount of time looking into this but not tried out any of the possible solutions just yet.

Ive wired my gauges up to illuminate on ignition then automatically dim by 50% when parking lights are active looks factory,

See my guide fitting auto dimmer relay to gauges or DRL's

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/31832-guide-fitting-auto-dimmer-unit-from-gen-labs-to-gauges-or-drl/

I don't have a dimmer wheel on my headlight switch, would anyone be able to do this for me I'm ok wireing simple things but I wouldn't know where to start or what to do, which wire will I need to connect to rear heated screen switch and where on the pod, would I only need to run one wire

Automotive electrician will do it but charge you atleast £50

Log on to eBay,

See Dave at AutoStar electronics,

He's my number one supplier for automotive cables,

Get yourself a roll of PVC tape:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180483586959?redirect=mobile

And

Some 10 amp cable:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Twin-Core-10A-amp-12V-Black-Red-DC-Power-Cable-per-2m-10-AMP-10AMP-12-Volt-/170680456683?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27bd5915eb

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club