Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Petrol Engine

EzzyRallyBoy

A while ago someone had a post saying that their 1.6 Ti-vct petrol engine did not look like the picture of the engine overviews shown in the owners handbook (pages 121 and 122) - Who was that ??

How did you get on with your question ??

We have had our 1.6 petrol a week now and just looking under the bonnet ours also lacks the "up and over" pipework that goes from AirFilter and disappears behind the engine, instead it has a short piece of tubing straight into the engine as shown on the 1.25 or 1.4 versions

Assuming Ford have been sensible enough to give you the engine you ordered, why doesn't it look like the picture in the handbook ??

Are there any other engine markings / engine block stampings that confirm it is a 1600 ??

Anyone help ??

Ta

Ezzy

Think the person who wrote that thread was relieved when I posted a pic of my engine as it was the same as his (without mountune bits obviously).

Shel - Can you post another photo or check your history of previous posts and add the link again please

Ta

Ezzy

Try to look more precisely on the engine block near the air filter and you should see there "1,6L" cca 3x4 cm big just under the original production number of your engine. I was also looking on the pictures in the owners manual and then searching for 15 minutes for this 1,6L sign :D here is mine Ti-VCT, you should find it also there: 12320229.jpg w600.png 26137447.jpg w800.png

A while ago someone had a post saying that their 1.6 Ti-vct petrol engine did not look like the picture of the engine overviews shown in the owners handbook (pages 121 and 122) - Who was that ??

How did you get on with your question ??

We have had our 1.6 petrol a week now and just looking under the bonnet ours also lacks the "up and over" pipework that goes from AirFilter and disappears behind the engine, instead it has a short piece of tubing straight into the engine as shown on the 1.25 or 1.4 versions

Assuming Ford have been sensible enough to give you the engine you ordered, why doesn't it look like the picture in the handbook ??

Are there any other engine markings / engine block stampings that confirm it is a 1600 ??

Anyone help ??

Ta

Ezzy

Hi Ezzy

It was me who was sceptical of the engine in our 1.6 titanium. As you have mentioned the pictue in the handbook is completely different to the engine under the bonnet of our car.

However, our engine appears exactly the same as the picture michelle kindly posted.

Also when we took our car back to ford to sort the poor paitwork out, they lent us a 1.6 titanium with every upgrad option possble on it which was very nice such as the push start button, leather seats and side skirts etc. We took pictures of this engine in that car and it was exactly the same, to our engine, which must suggest it is a 1.6.

However, i think ford should change the hand book as it is not very good showing an image of an engine which is supposedly the 1.6 and then putting an engine in the car which looks more like the 1.4.

Try to look more precisely on the engine block near the air filter and you should see there "1,6L" cca 3x4 cm big just under the original production number of your engine. I was also looking on the pictures in the owners manual and then searching for 15 minutes for this 1,6L sign :D here is mine Ti-VCT, you should find it also there: 12320229.jpg w600.png 26137447.jpg w800.png

Thanks for the pictures they were very useful. I could not really see it at first but then i narrowed it down and saw it and it says 1.6 which is good.

To add to the pictures to help others on the engine block on the grey metal it says FoMoCo and it is just above that. From looking directly above you can really only see the 1 and maybe the dot just like in the picture. But if you bend down a bit more you will see the 6 as well to make the 1.6 or if you have a 1.4 there should be a 4 there.

I was in the same mind as you when I got mine.. and I think I am the one you originally referred to..

I ended up finding a video on Youtube with detailed the working of the 1.6 Ti-VCT engine. And the best/easiest way to work it out is to look at the top of the engine, on the left hand side you see, there are two silver barrels.. they are the VCT oil injectors.

And on the right hand side there are another two similar, but these are sensors.

Only the 1.6 Duratec/Sigma Ti-VCT engine has these. The other engines don't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba-oyIjGWGE

I was in the same mind as you when I got mine.. and I think I am the one you originally referred to..

I ended up finding a video on Youtube with detailed the working of the 1.6 Ti-VCT engine. And the best/easiest way to work it out is to look at the top of the engine, on the left hand side you see, there are two silver barrels.. they are the VCT oil injectors.

And on the right hand side there are another two similar, but these are sensors.

Only the 1.6 Duratec/Sigma Ti-VCT engine has these. The other engines don't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba-oyIjGWGE

I thought i was the one he was referring to from this thread, but im unsure, i created a thread about the paintwork and the engine identification on my car.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=5963

Nice one all

Great info' and great spot, been out and checked and found the 1.6 stamping just abve the FoMoCo sign on the engine block

But of course it had to be a 1.6 as legally thats what we bought didn't it ??

The fact that I trust very few companies led me to start this particular post ........................ but great replies

Thanks all

Nice one all

Great info' and great spot, been out and checked and found the 1.6 stamping just abve the FoMoCo sign on the engine block

But of course it had to be a 1.6 as legally thats what we bought didn't it ??

The fact that I trust very few companies led me to start this particular post ........................ but great replies

Thanks all

No Problem.

My thoughts were exactly the same as yours, thats why i just needed to check, and now both you and i know we have got a 1.6.

Just read this, sorry didnt see it sooner but you have pics now anyway xxx

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club