Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some People...

JayJones877

So one evening I was out at the misses houses minding my own and then when I went to go home I find a great big dint in my passenger door! No one left any details or anything so now I have to folk out my own hard earned money for something I did not do! Anyway I could do with some advice please. Do I need a new door or do any of you reckon a panel beater could sort it out? And if I do need a new door then does anyone know where I can get one from? Cheers for your help.

• Like 1

Difficult to say without seing it, best off taking it in for a quote. Have a look on eBay etc for fiestas being broken as you might be able to pick one up cheaper in the same colour.

• Like 1

Looks more like it been kicked rather than hit by another car.

The creases at the top might make it difficult to repair, so possibly a new door skin. I'd try looking for a replacement door.

• Like 1

Echoing Marks comments, I'd go for a used door from a scrappies, if they can repair the dent it probably will need re spraying. All that adds up and you may find it costs more than getting a used door

• Like 1

Yeh I was thinking it's going to have to be new door. I went around a few places today but alot of them are shut probably because of it being the holidays. Alot them said I need a new door aswell can't have anything these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

I can't quite tell from the photo, but if the paint has gone anywhere, I would imagine a door would work out cheaper, else it will need a respray on top of reshaping...

I assume claiming anything from your insurance company is out of the question too?

• Like 1

The door is double skinned at the top so difficult to do a decent repair, door skin as a minimum, used would be cheaper if you fit it yourself and do the preparation for painting.

• Like 1

It's looking unanamous, so a new door it is then.

As far as my insurance, I'd rather not have to lose my no claims and get my insurance bumped up in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

No solution but Jaysus that's terrible I'd have lost the head, did you knock on neighbours doors to see if anyone saw anything?

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club