Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Cruise Control Issue

lotsofjam

Hey all

I have recently bought a ford fiesta and it has been great so far, it's an early 2009 titanium.

I'll describe the issue as best I can, it's an odd one.

If I turn CC on and press set+, 25% of the time it does not work, but set- does it keeps to the desired speed, and the buttons reverse somehow. Set- speeds the car up and set+ slows it down! Turning the system off and back on seems to resolve it most of the time, but today I had to do it about 5 times before it started working. Also sometimes it just straight up flips them after a while if it is working correctly! Sounds like some sort of software bug to me but yeah... it's very strange.

Anyone seen this before? Thanks.

Hi and welcome :)

That's very strange, I also had an 09 Titanium but never had that problem. It could be the switch that's faulty but that's just a guess. If you bought it from a dealer I'd take it back to them and get them to have a look at it. Otherwise get a quote to fix it and go from there.

What I would do in the meantime is just try and change your speed manually and only use the Set- button to activate the cruise control if it always works.

Not sure if it will actually help but you could try disconnecting the battery - go have a cuppa (optional) - wait 15 mins and reconnect.

Then take it on a run and see if the problem persists, if it still doesn't work then take a trip down the dealer and see if there's anything they can do :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I had my steering wheel controls for volume and track change, change their function when my sync module went wrong. I had to reset the system by pulling the fuse and waiting about 5 mins. Not had an issue with the cruise control but the problem could be whatever controls the system rather than the switch on the wheel.

As Dave said it might be worth disconnecting the battery and leaving it a few mins on the off chance that the system resets itself when it looses power. Otherwise you will probably need to take it to the dealer for their diagnostic equipment etc.

Thanks for the tips guys! Sorry it's taken ages to respond. I have done as some of you suggested, it made no difference, and I bought it private. I'll take it to a garage at some point.

• 1 year later...

Hi all I am having the same problem but when I press the lower my speed it goes faster?. Did you ever fine how to fix it?

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I have also the same problem with the CC, sometimes it does't work at all, and sometimes it works when i use the ON button then Set- (at this time the Set- will be the button to push to increase the speed, and the RES/CAN for decreasing the speed, and the SET+ doesn't have any role..)

I think its a bug, but i didn't yet find any solution !! Did you guys find any one for this problem !

I had a similar problem in that the system wouldn't work until I pressed the right hand  'reset' button.   The plus and minus didn't do anything and the only way I could switch it off was to hit the clutch pedal.   Disconnecting the battery reset it and it's worked fine ever since.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 13/02/2017 at 6:27 PM, Bobr said:

I had a similar problem in that the system wouldn't work until I pressed the right hand  'reset' button.   The plus and minus didn't do anything and the only way I could switch it off was to hit the clutch pedal.   Disconnecting the battery reset it and it's worked fine ever since.

Hi mate,

Glad the battery trick worked for you! Currently got the same CC issue with my car... has it been fine since when you posted in February or have you had to re-do it since?

11 hours ago, Adspam said:

Hi mate,

Glad the battery trick worked for you! Currently got the same CC issue with my car... has it been fine since when you posted in February or have you had to re-do it since?

Never had a single problem with it since Adam.   Works every time now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bobr said:

Never had a single problem with it since Adam.   Works every time now.

Awesome! I'll definitely have to try it now! Thanks mate :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club