Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Best Place To Buy Elm327 Cable?

Brigante

For the last few months I have had my modified elm327 cable in the boot of my mondeo

Typically, now that I've gone to use it I can't find it anywhere. Nowhere to be seen and I've completely emptied the boot twice and it's definitely not in there. Nowhere else it could be so now I need to buy a new one.

Preee made my original for me but he doesn't seem to be on the forums any more.

There are countless sellers of the modified cables on eBay but I don't really trust them. I don't wanna buy a cable from a random supplier and it have duff soldering which ends up raping my car.

Can anyone suggest the best place to acquire one from?

The soldering won't harm your car mate worst case scenario it just won't read it. Just go with one off eBay, I found one for just shy of 13 quid which had some good reviews. Full 500k speed too!

theres that many different sellers on eBay all claiming that theirs is the best and that all others are inferior copies

who to buy from??

• Like 1

theres that many different sellers on ebay all claiming that theirs is the best and that all others are inferior copies

who to buy from??

Mate i tried 3 sellers on eBay and this the only one that was ok,james on this post helped me

a lot with the problems i had.

The others i had the switch didn't work or didn't fit into the connector right on the car.

Jack I think you forgot to include the Link lo

The link i added were the one i had good feedback from when i sent them a message on there main page

( first link ) and they said some will pop up on eBay soon as they sell so fast ( 2nd link ) so i had one and worked fine

on FORscan.

I'll have to bite the bullet and buy another one then.

No doubt as soon as I do my original will turn up

I never even got to use the thing as I bought it for the focus to use with elm config but had already tweaked everything I needed with the one Lenny once loaned me.

After returning Lennys, Preee made me my own but it spent its life still in its envelope in a bedroom drawer.

Bought the mondeo I put it in the boot ready to use and now it has vanished.

I intend to do a forced dpf regen with it using forscan as well as tweak various things on elm config like auto locking

As soon as you pay for one you will find it after,it's always the same.

I never got elm config to work as i have a fiesta but forscan was spot on and a few more out there.

Just for basic code reading i have the cheap hand held thing that i have used loads of time on all cars.

I have a box full of stuff,from op-com to about 10 programs on disc that i never use lol.

great.. i just went to buy one from the eBay seller you linked dude and they have all sold out..

great.. i just went to buy one from the ebay seller you linked dude and they have all sold out..

I did think that as he sells a nice few,go onto the main site and e-mail him as i did and he will give

you a rough idea when he will re list some or buy it direct from the site.

Sorted now, day or 2 after I saw theyd sold out I saw the seller relisted another batch under a new listing

Purchased one and it seems to be working ok. My old cable had a 3 position switch, this one just has a 2 way. only needs 2 though i spose. The one preee made me was definitely better build quality but as long as it does the job.

On the mondeo it is quite worrying as loads of warning messages such as engine system fault, no key detected, immobiliser active and headlight malunction pinges up and beeps like mad when reading/writing to the bcm but I've read on other threads that this is normal.

After its finished and I've unplugged everything, the first time I start the car the esp and abs warning lights stay on, but if i turn the car off and start it again they go out.

So far ive just enabled auto locking. I wanted to disable the seatbelt bonger but it doesnt appear to work for the driver seat. Also enabled the shift up indicator but this doesnt do anything either

I found the same things when doing mine. I must have set something wrong as I always get a bcm error saying invalid configuration lol.

At the end of the day at least you have a cable and can get on with stuff :-)

Cant quite get on with stuff as the thing i wanna do wont work :(

In the manual, it says not to park on grass/leaves etc when doing a regen as it obviously gets hot and can cause fire

Next to my parking space, about 2ft away from my car is a short hedge. Will i be ok to do the forced regen in my parking space with other cars around it and next to the hedge?

Yeah as long as you keep the exhaust pointing outwards

It just doesn't want you to start a fire by doing a regeneration over dried out grass and leaves...

Right ive successfully got the mondeo to start a forced regen, currently on 37% and i'm just sat in it looking a right naana while it makes an almighty racket

Feel quite embarassed

Haha, oh dear... On a plus side you needn't do it often, but it anyone asks your saving the world lol

Also did a scan and found a LOT of dtc codes, mostly duplicates of about 4 different codes

Seem to relate to warning messages that pinged up when reading the bcm with elmconfig

Would the dtc codes just be from that and be nothing to worry about?

Probably, unless of course they repeat.

They was listed a load of times each in forscan but then they did ping up a load of times after using elm about 5 or so times

I'll do another scan tonight n read into em in more detail

Bcm gets reset whilst being read by the ecu, that's why you get the errors coming up...

These are the codes that pinged up from reading the bcm

Code: U0100 - Lost Communication With ECM/PCM A
Code: P1635 - Tire/Axle Out of Acceptable Range
Code: U2100 - Initial Configuration Not Complete
Code: B1115 - High Mounted Stop Lamp Control, Incorrect Current Consumption, Suspect Incorrect Bulb Fitted
Code: U0515 - Invalid Data Received From Remote Function Actuation
Code: U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible
Code: B1C15 - Righthand Up/Down Mirror Motor Feedback Circuit
Code: B1C16 - Righthand Left/Right Mirror Motor Feedback Circuit
Code: U0208 - Lost Communication With Seat Control Module A
Code: B1C13 - Lefthand Up/Down Mirror Motor Feedback Circuit
Code: B1C14 - Lefthand Left/Right Mirror Motor Feedback Circuit
Code: U0140 - Lost Communication With Body Control Module
Code: P1607 - MIL Output Circuit

Ouch matey! Have you disconnected battery and reseated everything on the gem board?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club