Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cooling Fan

benlw

Hi All,

After a little advice. I believe that my engine cooling fan isn't coming on when the its getting warm.

I've came to this conclusion from waiting in traffic on what was a cold day. The start of the day my outside air temp gauge suggested that it was about 8 degrees however after getting stuck in traffic after about 30 minutes i noticed that the temp gauge had gone up. i realise that this is likely going to be the case due to hot emissions from other cars etc but it reached 25 degrees. It was at this point that i decided that i was going to turn my aircon etc on to try and help with the cooling but the temperature still rose.

What could be the problem ? and how can i tell if it really is a fan problem?

Car in question is 2010 Fiesta 1.6 TDCi titanium

Any help would be appreciated

Your cooling water temp goes up due to the heat produced through the engine running (combustion), nothing to do with the emissions from other cars

Not sure what temp the fan would kick in, but I reckon it'd be nearer 95 than 25.

This is a known issue. The outside temp sensor has nothing to do with engine temp. You will find as soon as you start moving the outside temp will drop to more like what it acually is outside. Its to do with the position of the temp sensor. When stationary the sensor is atificailly warmed by the engine, as soon as you start moving it goes back to normal.

Either the original post was edited or I was still half asleep when I replied.....but as above the ambient tempature gauge has no control over the engine coolant fan.

That is controlled by a sensor in the cooling system, & will trigger the fan at around 95 degrees C.

My cars fan has stopped working as well , I have had a new fan fitted , new water pump and a new thermostat next on the list is a new tempature sensor my car is a 07 plate fiesta which at the moment stinks as its getting very hot but the temp gauge says half way :/

Please let me no if you find out the problem

Was for you, ok, if you had then it would have been a quick way to check fan , relay wiring etc.

Going to change the tempature sensor and then give up I think tbh , cars starting to smell very hot after short 10 mile journey

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club