Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Lights Again

gillyallan

Is there a couple of sensors for the auto lights?

My reason and wonder if you've noticed......

Driving along on auto and lights are on. I then drive into small tunnel and notice the green dash light dims, and on coming back out it brightening up again. Like it wanted to turn lights on then off but they were already on and some other sensor was over ruling it.

Only thing I can think it could be is that it's the instrument panel dimming. Some cars I've know of have an auto dim function as well so the darker it is the more the instrument panel dims to compensate so you can see the road better. I may be way off the mark but that's what it could be.

• Like 2

The instrument panel light dims when you put your lights on (same as the drl's do).

The instrument panel dims based on the light level, so even if the lights are on you may see the instruments dim when you go into a tunnel

The instrument panel dims based on the light level, so even if the lights are on you may see the instruments dim when you go into a tunnel

As far as I knew fiestas had a switch you manually adjusted for the instrument & dash light level.

I had this on one of my previous fiestas 11 plate Titanium the green light would for some reason keep changing from bright to dim on the dashboard at random times I thought it was abnormal never done anything about it. It did concern me at times whether the auto lights were actually turning on and off as a result of this . I'm almost certain this is a small fault as I've had Titanium 13 plate and now have Titanium X 64 plate without this problem

My current Titanium dash lights do dim according to exterior light level.
The headlight (green) light is most noticeable. Its not a fault its by design.

This did not happen on my previous 2009 Titanium.

These cars are so complex and electronically controlled that nobody really knows everything about them....even ford dealers it seems.

Definitely no dimming on my new car the only way I can dim is with the switch which turns the fogs on.my green headlight indicator stays constant bright green 100% of the time in all conditions.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Definitely no dimming on my new car the only way I can dim is with the switch which turns the fogs on.my green headlight indicator stays constant bright green 100% of the time in all conditions.

There is a light sensor to do this, if you have the lights on and you go from bright light to a tunnel you should see the instrument panel dim, if it doesn't it isn't working properly. Older cars just dimmed them slightly when you turned the outside lights on. The idea behind this is so you don't have to constantly adjust the instrument brightness with the dimmer.

The problem I had on my old 11 plate titanium was it would do it randomly even at night sometimes.

It definitely was some kind of fault within a short distance it could dim several times out on an open road,

I was soon to replace the car as I only keep them around 18 months to 2 years so I didn't bother getting it looked at

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club