Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk5 99-2001 1.25, 1.4 Or 1.6?

London's Finest

Hey guys,

Just wondering how much thirstier are the bigger engine fiestas? I live in a hilly area and feel a bigger engine may use less fuel as I have to floor the car in 5th or rev it in 4th to maintain 40mph up a hill or (45-50 in 4th) as you can imagine it does annoy a lot of the local drivers as the limit is 60 ;)

So back to topic, does the 1.4 make a bigger difference, does the 1.6 use tonnes more fuel? what kind of mpg does it get?

Hey guys,

Just wondering how much thirstier are the bigger engine fiestas? I live in a hilly area and feel a bigger engine may use less fuel as I have to floor the car in 5th or rev it in 4th to maintain 40mph up a hill or (45-50 in 4th) as you can imagine it does annoy a lot of the local drivers as the limit is 60 ;)

So back to topic, does the 1.4 make a bigger difference, does the 1.6 use tonnes more fuel? what kind of mpg does it get?

Well, I've gone from a 1.2 2002 clio to a 2011 1.4 Diesel Fiesta.

In terms of MPG, so far my average on my Diesel is about 47.5 MPG, and that's during a lot of stop start traffic.

It also feels, (although being a bigger and heavier car than my last one) a lot more punchy.

I drove my Dad's 1.6 2008 Reg MK6 Fiesta for one day to get to work whilst my Renault was being examined/repaired , that got around the 45MPG mark and felt more "punchy".

The best I got in my old Clio was 45.1 MPG, and that was a one-off, normally it was between 27 and 35MPG.

Yeah, gotta start saving up :). This car does drink a lot of fuel at 60-70mph too

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club