Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best wax???

fezzidebz

Hi all

After cleaning my panther black fezzi, was totally driven mad by all the run marks :blink:

What do you use for cleaning your car???

And can anyone reccommend a good car wax???

Thanx

Debz

auto glym aqua wax is what i use, it comes with the spray bottle and the two microfibre cloths

make sure the car is wet and spray the wax on.

with one cloth, rub the wax into the body

with the other cloth, wipe away the water and wax and you are left with a very shiny car!

i think its around £14 from Halfords but worth it :)

I have Autoglym High Definition Wax and 2 Dodo Juice waxes - diamond white and Supernatural.

I haven't used the diamond white yet but the other two are fantastic. Admittedly - Supernatural is around £80 a pot and the Autoglym is £40. Ouch.

Incidentally - wax won't help with run 'marks' (it will help the water run off the car better I suppose) the problem would appear to be in your drying.

as dan has said above,

you need to get yourself a good drying cloth - dodo juice supernatural towel is the best around atm.

wax, i have panther black and i use either blue velvet or supernatural both dodo juice.

And for making your car's paint work have a deep mirror finish greenymk7 is the man to listen too - you only have to check out the pics of his car to see what I mean

We should have a sticky with what is best to use and how to use it, we are all spending a lot of money and i think it would be good if we had a proper guide

Trouble is thats a bit like asking which model/spec of Fiesta is the best one and we all know that that one would end up with a fight over the Titanium (best spec), ZS (no chrome), Ecomatic (saving the planet) or Zetec (plenty of spec and can be cheap) . . .

and then as for the colour - oh don't get them started!

Thanks for all your replys.

Heard of dodo juice, and know its a really good wax, may try them....... but what one do i use for a panther black....anyone know???? also do i buy a hard wax, or liquid???

for drying off i use a mircofibre cloth..... is that where im going wrong????

It seems to be im doing 1 lot of panels at a time, to get the finish i want, then when i get to where i started theres a run mark from the mirror or something, it drives me bonkers !! <_<

personally i use either blue velvet or supernatural on my panther black.

depending on the weather i either 1 panel at a time or 1 side of the car.

a microfibre to buff off is fine.

agree'd on the runs though, cant get any more annoying than that

What would you use on Squeeze then - and don't say you would start with re-spraying it black!

Hard wax - soft is messy, liquid is rubbish AND messy.

Blue velvet is the wax to go for if you don't want to stretch to Supernatural.

microfibre - good, but it depends on the microfibre. A normal micrfibre won't collect enough water. You need a microfibre drying towel.

The mirrors need careful drying and do harbor a lot of water. I use cotton buds to make sure that all the water is out.

i would start by spraying it panther black :lol:

just kiddin

i would personally go for banana amour for squeeze.

What would you use on Squeeze then - and don't say you would start with re-spraying it black!

Hard Candy is the 'universal' Dodo hard wax, but I'd be interested to see what results you get with Banana Armour.

I'll shut up now, I sound like an echo :lol:

ECHO - ECHo - ECho - Echo - echo

:wacko:

Personally, a good drying cloth/blanket and a tub of Turtle Wax ICE synthetic paste polish does me.... this stuff goes on like a normal wax, but you don't have to mask off the trim etc. (a boon in time saving at my age)!!!

Personally, a good drying cloth/blanket and a tub of Turtle Wax ICE synthetic paste polish does me.... this stuff goes on like a normal wax, but you don't have to mask off the trim etc. (a boon in time saving at my age)!!!

I've used that and it did make my car shine, but it didn't last very long.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club