Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hill Assist

turbohater

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the car pulls away far better and travels "smoother" if the Hill Assist is turned off.

It can feel like that, it is something you need to get used to, I don't have an issue with it as my transits have had it a while.

Sometimes it really doesn't want you to go does it? You end up revving way higher than you should.. then when it snaps off you get whiplash.. haha.

Other times it works as intended and you don't really notice it.

I use it more in my ST that I did on the ZS. In the ZS whenever I was was stationary I was putting the car in neutral and clicking the brake on for auto stop-start. I don't have this on the ST so I'm out of that habit.

didn't know it could be switched off, but in my opinion it's working 100%, not that I am a first time driver, but it's good to know that the car won't stall if I'm parked against a hill, now if we can only get Elon Musk to tinker with it a bit and maybe the car will drive all on it's own ;)

Turned it off on my work car... annoying if you're trying to parallel park on a hill waiting for the brakes to disengage.... Handbrake and clutch control B)

• Like 2

it would be nice to have an indicator to let you know it's engaged. if only we could re purpose the shift light into an hill assist is currently active don't over rev the engine else you'll look like a prat light.

it'd be a tonne more useful, instead of trying to make me switch to 4th going slowly up hill

• Like 1

Menu - vehicle settings - Hill Start assist

You can still stall the car with hill assist, it just holds the brakes for you.

I have never had an issue with my Focus, always pulls away smoothly.

I'd have thought the Fiesta drum brakes should make the release even smoother.

I was thinking of something els, don't think I have Hill assist on my fiesta, what I do have is something that keeps the revs up no matter if I pull out the clutch completely, the car won't stall, It only moves slowly forward, as an automatic would.

Yeah that is anti-stall, still possible to stall it though.

My old Focus used to over rev when I was backing out of my drive, really annoying as it sounded like I was incapable of driving, lol.

Lol Alexp. I'd be the person walking by thinking idiot not realising you'd no control over that. Lol

What's worse is that it didn't just over-rev, it did it in bursts.

So it kept revving up and down, and me trying to steady it just made things worse, lol.

that doesn't sound right, mine only kicks in if the revs are to low, like were any other car would have died

My new Focus and my mums Focus are fine, my Fiesta was fine.

Just my old Focus was a bit odd, already had a PCM update to sort out the unpredictable nature of the power, but it never changed the peculiar anti-stall implementation, lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club