Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Blank

Damon Cook

Hi guys just wondered i blanked my egr on my focus 18.tdci wondered how easy and whether its worth doing to my new car mondeo ST 2.2 any thoughts?

Yes, it's easy & definitely worth doing. What year is the ST ?

how would i do this to my 58 plate 2.2 titan x sport and what would the benefits be?

Your 2.2 engine is different to mine, so I can't advise, but the main benefit of blanking is that your car will love you ! :)

It's the best & cheapest mod for any diesel although may illuminate the E.M.L. which you extinguish periodically with an O.B.D. 2 reader.

You shouldn't have any problems with the E.M.L. illuminating on a 54 plate.

The lights are being put back non tinted still deciding on angel eyes

Getting a full brakes upgrade new pads and discs but dont no what male to go for

its a simple enough process to upgrade with a blank,just unbolt the EGR, pull the metal pipe back, slide in and rebolt.

Charlie, it ony works on the 1.8 mk4, 2.0 and 2.2 are electrical and will throw EML.

what about the blanking plates with a small hole in the middle, apparently these can stop the eml coming on

A blanking plate with any size hole in it is a waste of money & time spent fitting it & could make matters worse as the hole will clog up sooner or later.

Agreed, if there is a hole in it, it's not worth looking at.

I did both blanking plates,and finally took the egr off and fitted this on Saturday removing the erg and the pipe http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161364145540?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The difference is very clear to see the car along with a Bluefin Remap is awesome to drive and getting over 40 to the gallon around town.

I also bought a wifi ELM and downloaded Dashcommand so can put the Eml light out driving down the road,car is driving better than ever,thinking oil cooler and De-Cat next.

yup just what i thought

plenty of sellers on the bay selling plates with a 10mm hole in the middle claiming it will still give all of the benefits but stop the eml coming on

The hole may well prevent the E.M.L. illuminating, but the blank is not blanking the E.G.R.V. - so it's pointless.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club