Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Obd Code P0500

NikoInIreland

I have the P0500 Speed sensor malfunction on my 2008 TDCI Focus, can anyone tell me where

the sensor is located on this model, i have trawled the net but cant find anything to help me, you lot are my last hope before i have to visit the stealership ;-D

Nick.

It can be located on the rear axle, on or near the transmission, or the wheel hub.

The best thing to do first is to reset the code and see if it comes back. If it does then check the cables, if they are good, then replace the sensor.

Ford focus use ABS on some cars to read speed, however I'm not 100% sure on your car.

Someone with more knowledge of your car should be able to give you more help.

• 2 weeks later...

VSS is not used on modern cars, the error is more likely to do with an ABS sensor or wire.

The VSS used to count the rotations of the gearbox and would tell you the speed from there. Modern cars, monitor the ABS system and calculate the speed based on the wheels rotation. If a sensor is problematic, a tooth missing from a cog or anything of that nature it could affect the speed rating from that wheel. This error can be generated if 3 of 4 wheels are calculating say 70MPH but one wheel is counting either 110MPH or 40MPH.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club