• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 MyFiestaTitianium

MyFiestaTitianium

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.4
Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:45 PM

Thanks for all your help with this. I think I'll check with the dealer again, now I know it can be done.

Now I just need the car. I wonder if the delivery date will stay the same?!? :rolleyes:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 DONFRAMAC

DONFRAMAC

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk6 1.25 Zetec Climate '58 reg

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:23 PM

When I ordered my Fiesta in Inverness last september, I asked for the chance to choose from 5/6 numbers, so I could get one I could remember easily, and a fortnight before delivery, the dealer knew the VIN details, and got a small list of reg nos. from the local DVLA, and I had to choose one over the 'phone. He then put a weeks free insurance on the car in my name, and registered it in my name early, with me paying 2 weeks tax over the 12 months.
Sometimes dealers hold a list of numbers, and you can pick from those still left from that months allocation.

#18 hedgepig

hedgepig

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for all your help with this. I think I'll check with the dealer again, now I know it can be done.

Now I just need the car. I wonder if the delivery date will stay the same?!? :rolleyes:

Yes, you can choose.

When I bought my Mini Cooper in 2003 from Sytners Leicester they gave me a group of letters I could pick from.

I didn't bother with this one as I now have a private plate which, although expensive, is always transferred from car to car!

Most dealers are allocated batches of letters which they can allocate to their cars but you won't find anything special amongst them as obviously they will be reserved for DVLA to sell.

If you don't ask then they won't tell you :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#19 Chris Ecc

Chris Ecc

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6
  • Year: 2009

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:13 PM

I got mine from Evans Halshaw Wrexham and had a choice from a list of about 25, 'FKU' was prob best on there

#20 AndrewL

AndrewL

Local Rep: Warwickshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:20 PM

I asked about picking a reg and the dealer looked at me like I had two heads! It was from quite a big dealer network though so that would probably explain it. In the end I just said I didn't want something like BJ59NOB or anything like that. Saying that I did end up with a BJ! :blink:

#21 thesilverfox

thesilverfox

• PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:44 PM

Saying that I did end up with a BJ! :blink:

Lucky for some, eh?

#22 pouly

pouly

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta titanium 1.4 sea grey

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:10 AM

Lucky for some, eh?

i went last sat to pick my own reg from a list again evans halshaw as :lol: well

#23 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:45 AM

I think geographical location has an impact on this. At my dealer I was told no I can't, the DVLA has apparently stopped it, but also where they are you've got Audi, Seat, VW, Land Rover, BMW. In the old day they all used to get assigned the same book with plates in and when someone chose one, they would then ring the DVLA or something only to be told can't have that as someone from the BMW dealer has just snapped it up and so on...
That's what my dealer told me and is the reason why to a lesser extent it's now stopped. Not bothered personally as the new system is so stupid it makes no odds what the plate is IMO?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users