Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wires Loose On Front Disc Brakes

Rammer

Morning all

Can someone advise please, I have had to change the front pads on my 1997 Mondeo 1.8n TD

In disconnecting a plug attached to the bleed screw I found two wires taped up to the incoming

wires these wires were in a rubber sleeve but I could not see where they came from, on checking ignition I now have a light on the dash,

Can anyone please tell me where should the two short wires be and what should the be attached to, thanks in advance will try and upload photo later

Rammer

What light on the dash? The wires could be ABS or pad wear, more info would help

I will look and get back to you I think they are the pad wear

Thank you for the reply will take a photo

regards

Rammer

It sounds like these are pad wear (photos could help, as could answering the question about which light comes on). It is quite often the case that if someone replaces original pads, with a pad wear connection, with aftermarket pads, which don't have this connection, they end up with the wires left dangling and need to do something about that.

Thank you all for the replies I have rechecked and I found that connecting the two wires together the light went off, so you were right they were pad sensors, previous owner must have done this in the past and I dislodged them All working fine now thank you again everyone

Rammer

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club