Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1.5 Rear Brake Backing Plates/dust Guard

simon2710

Hi,

I spent the whole day changing discs and pads on the rears of my Focus MK1.5 1.6 Zetec. The backing plates that go behind the disc are pretty much shot, they have rotted and are falling to pieces and were rubbing against the old discs. Would I actually need these for any purpose or would it be safe enough to remove them? Also how would I go about removing them apart from grinding them, is it a "hub-nut" job?

Final question is where could I buy these at a good price if I need them, I know a good start might be Ford dealership parts as it is such a specific part?

Many thanks

Hi,the rivets can be drilled out that fix the splash guard to the tie-bar.Replacements don't need to be riveted back and held in place when the stub axle,hub assembly is bolted in place.Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Hi Williamweb, Many thanks, looks like I'll need to take discs off again. Can't seem to find any on eBay apart from RS and they looked plastic so should last a good while longer.

The RS tie-bar is the same as the standard car,I don't know if the splash guard is bigger though but plastic seems a good idea and the way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club