Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

Stodgey

Plun N Play Ecu Remaps

Hi guys,

Picking up a 2010 2.0 tdci 163bhp automatic estate this afternoon and was wondering if the plug and play chips are any good. Was looking at a remap to take it to 200bhp but noticed the "clip in" ones that are available, does anyone rate them or am i best staying clear of them?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Superchips are the best there Bluefin is a DIY remap much better than the plug in ones does a proper remap and saves your standard ecu settings so you can reset any time you want http://www.superchips.co.uk

I have a DTUK red power box on mine and it's fantastic. Around 200bhp and 450nM of torque.

Also much improved economy. I can get circa 70 mpg when on a decent drive

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I currently have a Synergy 1 RON box installed on my Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 140 and I notice massive improvement with it. Its a straight forward plug and play and can be removed in 5mins with no trace. There are 10 adjustable settings so you can alter the box depending on what your looking for. I was a bit skeptical at first about getting a tuning box but I'm very impressed with this one...was fairly cheap aswell around 150euro ish.

As I haven't had a rolling road test done on my car I cant give exact figure gains but I' d guess the car is up from roughly 140 to 170bhp...vast improvement in low down torque. I'd highly recommend anyway

I have Superchips Bluefin its made a huge difference to the whole rev range i love it lol.

Tuning boxes have vastly improved over the years and now even, dare I say it, Audi owners are using them...