Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Well, She Failed...

jmurray01

The Focus went in for its MOT today and I did my usual thing of checking on the Gov website before the garage get a chance to call us with the news, so I can be prepared for what they will say!

Having done so a minute ago, it ain't good news. I knew it would fail on a couple of things (one definitely being the front number plate and the other possibly being one of the rear tyres), but I certainly hadn't anticipated this. That said, I'm not exactly surprised either - it is a 15 year old vehicle with 187,001 miles behind it.

Without further a-do I'll attach below a screen shot of the reasons for refusal (and advisories).

What do you think? Worth repairing?

post-15085-0-81924200-1435231008_thumb.j

That's quite a list Jamie!

Even doing the repairs yourself, that isn't worth saving.

• Like 1

I'd be more worried about the advisory list that it's gonna cost before next mot if it was just what it had just failed on me personally would of done it but them bushes am I correct in thinking are a pita to do each to there own though depends on your budget whey get up between repair and a new car .

• Like 2

Time for a new motor son

Well, as much as it pains me to admit it - you are all right. Even with the mandatory items notwithstanding there are still some pretty serious advisories there that will degrade over 12 months resulting in another big fail next year.

Due to the fact that we need a car for work purposes (especially as my new job is not on a regular bus route) I've wasted no time and secured a 1999 Volvo V40 1.8 Auto with 3 months MOT which we will pick up tomorrow afternoon. The best bit? It's only £100. Of course that means there are a few cosmetic issues but it passed the MOT last year with only 1 advisory for a chip in the windscreen and I know that those Volvos go on and on with regular maintenance.

I really don't want to end up a no-Ford household though, so I am determined to keep my currently off the road Fiesta which I'll get fixed up in the next couple of months when I have some spare cash.

I'll get no joy at putting the Focus up for sale, especially for spares/repairs, as it has seen us through so much in the past couple of years and never let us down - but it has to be done. If I could do the work myself (both skill wise and having the off-road space to do it, of which I have neither) none of this would be a problem as I'd easily spend a whole day or two fixing it, but for the labour costs of a mechanic it is just more than the car is worth.

Still, look on the bright side - at least it isn't being replaced by a Vauxhall!! I think that really would end me.

Sorry to see 1 less mk1 focus on the road

Sorry to see 1 less mk1 focus on the road

Not as sorry as me! That car has given us over 2 years of faithful service, but I just can't justify (or afford) spending £300-400 on a car that could be replaced for half that, plus the advisories will mean it'll fail just as bad next year.

Tough break. Probably best to serve it on really.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Noooooooooo don't let it die. :(

It's sad when cars come to the end of their lives. :(

Looking at it, it'll be a good cheap runabout for somebody handy with a set of spanners and a socket set!!

Buy it cheap, get parts cheap enough online and hey presto!

• Like 1

Noooooooooo don't let it die. :(

It's sad when cars come to the end of their lives. :(

get a life!! lol

• Like 1

I've got one, and a nice one, thank you very much. :rolleyes:

I completely agree with you Christopher, and it will be a very sad day for me when the Focus goes to its new home, which will probably be somewhere it'll be parted out or scrapped, but there was no other (financially feasible) option.

Tonight it's replacement was driven home and you can see the thread of that here.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club