Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't Go Through Red Lights

RAIDER32

Road Traffic Collision

Edited 6 minute version of the 20 minutes I recorded (battery went flat).

After taking a day off work for a family get together on the coast, it had been a long 14 hour day, now just 10 minutes from home,

Then a Hire Car with 3 youths flies past me at twice the speed limit, and stops at the Red Lights,

The car gets impatient and creeps through the Red Light, which is on a blind corner because of the bushes,

20150723_215229_HDR.jpg

The driver was a young asian male, he was helped out of the car dazed with various cuts,

The passenger was a young Blonde girl, she didn't seem hurt at all and was trying to pull the lad out of the back seat,

The white lad in the back (seen on kerb) was unconscious in the back seat (no seat belt).

20150723_215350_HDR.jpg

The asian lad and the Blonde girl left the scene before the Police arrived,

In the hour I was there I never saw them again, so I imagine they got away,

The Hire Car was hired out by the white lad in the back, so imagine the asian guy was not allowed to be driving it,

It's obvious they only hired it out to drive around the streets.

20150723_220717_HDR.jpg

The Lorry Driver was in shock,

He probably didn't even see what he'd hit, he was sent into the opposite lane after crashing through a set of lights,

Luckily there was no traffic coming the other way, and also lucky he didn't get any closer to that bridge.

20150723_221227_HDR.jpg

The HGV didn't stand a chance of avoiding or even seeing that black car at night, this is what the HGV would have seen in daylight,

2015-07-23%20RTC%201.jpg

Luckily for the cars occupants, the HGV was approaching a hard turn and was only doing about 30mph,

2015-07-23%20RTC%202.jpg

I've not seen or heard anything about this on the local news or through Google searches,

It's quite shocking when you see these things in real life, but these things happen all the time I suppose,

So unless the car was stolen or has a kid on board, then it won't make the news.

I had to wait around for the Traffic Police to turn up so they could take my dashcam footage,

It took them over half an hour to get on scene, and he didn't have his machine to copy the video,

I put the MicroSD card into my phone to play the footage, I told him I could upload a clip and send him a link when I got home,

Finally uploaded a 400MB video to my OneDrive late lastnight and emailed him the link, got a thank you response at 6am.

• Like 4

Ouch. Absolutely nothing that lorry driver could have done. I don't get why he tried to creep through the light. Another 10 seconds and it was green and safe to go.

I'd like to say he won't be doing that again but who knows...

• Like 2

They are youthful and stupid, I was shocked when I heard the white lad hired the car, I was saying he looked 14,

unfortunately, I can't imagine this will stop them being idiots.

• Like 2

He will be absolutely nailed for allowing another person to drive the car.

If the driver can't be located or the hirer doesn't give him up then the hirer will bare the financial burden and everything going with it.

So close to a fatality it isn't funny.

• Like 2

Lets just hope they catch the Toe Rag.

• Like 3

Definitely shows the value of dashcams.

I reckon they should be fitted as standard on all vehicles.

• Like 2

Thankfully the lorry driver hasn't had to wake up today having been involved in an accident which killed three youngsters... even though he would've carried no blame for it, it could still be traumatising.

The problem with idiots in cars is not that they might injure themselves but that they put third parties at risk too.

• Like 1

Thankfully the lorry driver hasn't had to wake up today having been involved in an accident which killed three youngsters... even though he would've carried no blame for it, it could still be traumatising.

The problem with idiots in cars is not that they might injure themselves but that they put third parties at risk too.

Typical irresponsible drivers.

Cause all manner of chaos and usually get away scot free.

• Like 1

Absolute idiots!! Inches further forward and the driver would have been seriously injured or dead.

If there had been another vehicle on the other side of the road then the lorry could well have ended up hitting that as well and the incident could have been far worse.

plus the old bill will just chalk it up as an other rta

• Like 1

They deserved what was coming to them. Lucky really that it was an HGV that hit them and they were in a new and safe car!

Big lesson to be learnt there.

• Like 1

Definitely shows the value of dashcams.

I reckon they should be fitted as standard on all vehicles.

I reckon that will be the standard in a few years, probably quite a few years but I think it will come.

In an instance of stupidity like that though, I'm just glad that dash cam clears the HGV driver of any blame or accusations.

• Like 3

He will be absolutely nailed for allowing another person to drive the car.

If the driver can't be located or the hirer doesn't give him up then the hirer will bare the financial burden and everything going with it.

So close to a fatality it isn't funny.

Looks like they are on it, got this letter today.

Arnold%20Clark%20Claims%20Form.jpg

Wow, what a wreck. Glad no innocent people got hurt.

Hope the scumbag asian driver gets busted. Hopefully the back-seat passenger has a name, that the police could use to hunt him down. It was only approx. <2 mins before the cops arrived on the scene, when he disappeared. He couldn't have gotten too away far on foot, someone might have even caught a glimpse of the direction he went in, and he may have also have been accompanied by the blonde female. Might it have been wise to search for him?

EDIT: Wrong ID, image retracted.

They are so lucky to be alive! I also feel sorry for the HGV driver who did nothing wrong, hope they catch them.

Asian, male 20-30 yoa, beard, above average height - the best I could get was this lol:

Capture.png

That's NOT him, the driver was short, thin, clean shaved and under 20.

The only time you see the driver is at the beginning when the truck driver opens his door and a guy in a shirt walks him away,

Two other asian guys (one you pictured) stopped around the corner out of shot, they were looking after the driver,

I only saw the driver briefly, he was sat on the curb with the other asian guys, he had a few cuts and was bleeding.

I spent so long running around trying to explain to 999 where I was I lost track of the driver and passenger,

They just disappeared, apparently into the woods over the bridge, so they never crossed my dashcam again.

• Like 1

Hope they get the b*****d!

Let us know if you hear anything. :)

Ian - my bad. Shame they couldn't catch the guy. A heli + spotlight/thermal imaging (assuming one was available in the area) would have easily found him, or alternatively a K9 unit :)

I still hope they are able to track him down nonetheless.

Ian - my bad. Shame they couldn't catch the guy. A heli + spotlight/thermal imaging (assuming one was available in the area) would have easily found him, or alternatively a K9 unit :)

I still hope they are able to track him down nonetheless.

The Police Helicopter did turn up,

if I remember correctly, the Traffic Cop told me it was to photograph the scene,

The car wasn't stolen or being chased, so the only offence at the time was leaving the scene of an accident,

5 minutes walk in any direction was a populated area, so nothing the Helicopter could do really.

The Police Helicopter did turn up,

if I remember correctly, the Traffic Cop told me it was to photograph the scene,

The car wasn't stolen or being chased, so the only offence at the time was leaving the scene of an accident,

5 minutes walk in any direction was a populated area, so nothing the Helicopter could do really.

Didn't know it was a populated area.

Who knows, the guy might have been under the influence of alcohol/drugs. Or maybe he had an outstanding warrant. Often there is more to it than simply what can be seen.

Jeez. What a tw*t! These berks drive through red lights all the time and here is what can happen! As my dad always says, they are fully paid up members of the 'It'll never happen to me brigade'

Do you follow dashcam network Ian? They have a YouTube channel and Facebook account. I sometimes send them clips via Facebook and they would love to see this.

• Like 2

Do you follow dashcam network Ian? They have a YouTube channel and Facebook account. I sometimes send them clips via Facebook and they would love to see this.

I've just spent the last half hour checking them out, some interesting & scary stuff on there!

Might give them a link to my video sometime.

Holy mother of god!

that was ridiculous!

I saw your Focus standing proud on the first picture, but what a mess to witness! if it wasnt for your dashcam footage, they wouldnt have believed it! they were lucky to get out alive, but how on earth this came out the way it did is a miracle.

They will nail the driver, as the hirer will be left with such sores on his gonads that he will be reluctant not to tell!

Has it made the news yet?

Those flashy blues made it look like it was morning when you took those photo's - at first I thought it just made a 14 hour day longer!

I would be intrigued to see the rest of the unedited footage!

• Like 2

I saw your Focus standing proud on the first picture

Unfortunately I had that bl**dy Corsa in front of me, I could have gotten a much better video otherwise,

Although being further back did show the sequence of events better,

and if that Hyundai has spun further round it could have ended up in my bumper, rather that Corsa than me :D

Has it made the news yet?

I've looked again and I can't see anything, it didn't even make the West Yorkshire Police Twitter feed,
The car wasn't stolen so there is no real story to it, just another 'accident'.

Those flashy blues made it look like it was morning when you took those photo's - at first I thought it just made a 14 hour day longer!

I would be intrigued to see the rest of the unedited footage!

My LG G4 phone has the best camera on a mobile phone, it shoots at f/1.8 so it's good for low light, I also tweaked the photos in Lightroom.

I had a longer second video at the bottom of the post, did you see that? I've now moved it to the top,

It shows Police and Ambulances arriving, and then me giving my statement (I was still there another 30min until Traffic Cops saw my footage).

It also shows the guys in Corsa leaving as soon as they could after 15 minutes, they were useless,

they didn't do anything for anyone, just moaning about having to pick someone up.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club