Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Dash Light Query.

moby

Hi all, Have just bought a 2003 focus, (my first) it all seems ok but if you stare at the instrument panel lights there is a light which does not come on when you turn on the ignition but every now and again one of the lights gives a very quick flash, not long enough to see properly but it looks like a wheel with a spray of stones flying up to the right, this light is on the right just above the fuel gauge and is the second one down in a row of 5 lights. Should I be worried and what is it for.?? any ideas please. I have tried looking on the web but it is not shown on any site I have seen.

Sounds like traction control. It will light when it operates to stop a wheel spinning

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I thought the traction control warning was a wheel with TC in the middle.? anyway this light comes on when the car is stationary as well as moving slowly on tarmac so no wheel could be spinning.! I have asked ex-ford mechanics and they have not seen this before.

Well according to all the documentation the 2nd one down above the fuel gauage is the seatbelt warning light!

A wheel with stones flying up is the traction control on some non ford cars, but shouldn't be on a ford

All lights should light as you start her up as a diagnostic test

OK, Well after a trip to my friendly Ford dealership they found a copy of the drivers handbook for that year and confirmed it is a warning light for the traction control / electronic stability system.

The fault is that when you turn on the ignition this does not light up, if you are lucky it will flicker on/off randomly or not, depends how it feels.! It may come on intermittently while driving but never stays on, it's almost like a loose wire swinging about, have found a few multi plugs under bonnet and cleaned contacts with switch cleaner, made no difference, cleaned up some rusty earth connections, still no goodWant to clean up plugs on abs pump wiring but can't find abs pump.! also I can't find the low pressure filler point on the air-con, Auto-data shows it by the condenser on the drivers side but it ain't there,! I'm not having a lot of luck at the moment, can any-one help please.??.

OK, Well after a trip to my friendly Ford dealership they found a copy of the drivers handbook for that year and confirmed it is a warning light for the traction control / electronic stability system.

The fault is that when you turn on the ignition this does not light up, if you are lucky it will flicker on/off randomly or not, depends how it feels.! It may come on intermittently while driving but never stays on, it's almost like a loose wire swinging about, have found a few multi plugs under bonnet and cleaned contacts with switch cleaner, made no difference, cleaned up some rusty earth connections, still no goodWant to clean up plugs on abs pump wiring but can't find abs pump.! also I can't find the low pressure filler point on the air-con, Auto-data shows it by the condenser on the drivers side but it ain't there,! I'm not having a lot of luck at the moment, can any-one help please.??.

This video may help for the ABS Pump Location:

Also your info on the left says you have a 2005 focus but your first post above says 2003? If it is 2003 you may be suffering with a faulty instrument cluster that has problems with condensation leading to shorts on the circuit board which may cause lights to come on or not come on. This can be fixed but pulling it out and cleaning with a toothbrush and PCB Cleaner from Maplin.

IMG_2991.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club