Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unbelievable Timing!

stef123

Well the mighty Mondeo has never broken down in over 4 years of ownership but tonight was the first of any trouble I've ever had with it.

Jumped in the car tonight, turned on the ignition and started the engine.. Absolutely nothing on the dashboard, no lights and no dials!

Haven't had the chance to see if anything else such as interior lights of electric mirrors have also stopped working but I really do hope it's a fuse but if so then the question is why?

Part of the fun of car sharing though is that there are always backup cars, as much as my car is running fine it's not ideal having no speedo or Rev counter.

The car was parked on Monday morning and hasn't moved since, was absolitely fine when I parked it. I'm off for 8 days as of tomorow so I will investigate it then. Shame this problem couldnt have waited a day or 2 though. To add to that I was late in to work tonight due to a crash on the motorway. Really is not my night.

Good morning Stefan.

I was going to start a similar thread today.

I was driving along the M8 at 70mph yesterday and my dash went blank for about 2 seconds. also the rev counter dropped to zero. This is the second time this has happened when driving. I didn't notice any lack of power when it happened but it is a massive concern.

The car has been in to ford for other work recently and has been on a diagnostic but no faults found.

Anyone any ideas?

Morning John.

Well at first with mine I did fear that the instrument cluster was at fault and would need repaired or replaced. I checked all fuses, all ok so i disconnected the battery and reconnected it and all is working again so fingers crossed thats it.

Your fault will be more difficult to find if its not constantly happening. how long did it go between going blank?

My 05 plate Mondeo ST TDCi used to this occasionally, a momentary blip of the instrument panel, the rev counter was unaffected, but with no bad side effects - I never did find the cause

My 05 plate Mondeo ST TDCi used to this occasionally, a momentary blip of the instrument panel, the rev counter was unaffected, but with no bad side effects - I never did find the cause

The wonders of modern electronics.

Had this on the mk3, never did find the fault, it's happened once on the mk4 not a clue as to what's up I suspect fuse box corrosion as mine hasn't done it since I cleaned out the fuse box to cure wipers staying on

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club