Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Invoice Price.

MartynFordFiesta

I'm awaiting the invoice of a recent mot, I have had a window regulator fitted ( Manual windows ) and the handle of tilting the seat replacement, could anyone tell me how much roughly that would cost to buy in parts and labour as I would only expect mabye 3hrs labour maximum of a 4th hr.

I'm awaiting the invoice of a recent mot, I have had a window regulator fitted ( Manual windows ) and the handle of tilting the seat replacement, could anyone tell me how much roughly that would cost to buy in parts and labour as I would only expect mabye 3hrs labour maximum of a 4th hr.

Yikes, bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question depending if your garage is a bunch of rat bags....

I'd have thought it wouldn't have taken more than an hour for each item, but if you allow a couple of hours each item then that's going to be £120 ish probably... (maybe +vat too..)

Did you not want to ask before they did the work?

as said , allways ask the price before saying yes to having the work done

I should have asked but I dropped the car in today at 8 and telt them to just fix what had to be fixed and send me an invoice,But now I have had sat down and thought about it I dont want screwed over, The garage aren't screw overs they will charge what they done and no more but I have no idea how long it would have taken to do the work.

5 mins to do tilt handle, and window reg 1 hr

So 2 hours labour then.... I don't think garages work in increments smaller than 1 hr....

I dropped my car round for an MOT to a place a few years ago and they phoned me to tell me that one headlight wasn't level and "do I want them to just sort it quickly?" naturally I thought, yeh sure that'd be great, saves me coming down to level it and then waiting for a retest.....

...charged me an hours labour for it.

Under S15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act, if no price has been agreed there is an implied term that the price must

be reasonable. In other words, roughly what other businesses would charge for comparable work. Let us know how you get on.

Should have the invoice In a few days time I will keep you guys updated.

Whoops - just noticed you are in Scotland. I do not think a lot of the SGSA applies there but I think you have similar rights

under common law concerning price.

Under S15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act

surely that would cover the whole of uk

As far as I am aware, the SGSA applies mainly to England, Wales and Northern Ireland but if Martyn contacts his local trading

standards department I am sure they will be able to give him a definitive answer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club