Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo Change

Nadiamondeo87

Hey I've got a mk4 mondeo 2.0tdci 140bhp zetec model with a normal CD stereo, bluetooth for calls and voice control. I want to upgrade my stereo system so I can connect and charge my iPod without losing functionality.

I've seen some custom android touch screen devices on eBay for £250 with Sat nav etc included, plus usb, iPod and sd card slots. It says I would retain most of the steering wheel functions however I'm a bit dubious about getting one.

Does anyone have any recommendations on upgrading it? I'd rather get a genuine Ford one if it's not too expensive.

Thanks in advance!

Nadia

I was also thinking about this in the past. after finding you tube video ( sorry unable to find the link) the one making the film had fitted the eonon unit and yes the steering wheel controls worked BUT the convers + did not link and the screen did not show any info on the dash so have to see everything on the stereo unit. i decided that i will just wait and get hold of the bluetooth module that will give me streaming and usb, as i like the full info on the dash. I know this is not exactly what you asked but thought it might help you in making up your mind.

Chris

Just to add i found the link https://youtu.be/zztN7dCy6rE

But in looking through you tube i have now found some video that have been posted by our European Mondeo driving friends, and these show the convers+ working and showing radio details. so i am now thinking does it depend on the radio brought or is it some sort of difference in the software of convers?

I am aware that the euro spec mondeo is different to ours but i do not know if this is software as well.

Thanks for your replies Chris. I actually watched that video myself! I don't have the convers etc. Just the normal Orange screen. The only extras I have are the voice control and Call buttons on the indicator stalk. However I sent eonon an email asking if they will still work and they told me the call buttons will work when you map them to the new system, however the voice control function won't... Still unsure on it myself as I dont really use the voice control much anyway but I don't want it to ruin any of the other functions - I'm sure it won't but as it's not genuine Ford I'm still dubious.

However speaking of genuine Ford stereos, I can't find an upgraded version of what I have for love nor money! I've looked at Ford parts online and eBay etc to no avail. Would it be so difficult to upgrade to a titanium stereo with the convers? I think I may have no option but to go for the eonon as I can't find another solution.

Cheers Nadia

Check your bluetooth module if its a 8M5T-19G488-AX then it may be possible to change it to a 8M5T-19C112-AX with usb and if you you get a version M or later you will also get streaming from phone,mp3 from memory stick and retain all functions on converse along with tracks, the bluetooth module is above glovebox and needs glovebox removal to view, although mine is the 6cd dab head unit it was staright swap and no reprogramming whatsoever, the modules are widely available from various scrap models fiesta upwards .

Thanks very much. Will ask my mechanic if he can get a hold of one. I'd be happy with a usb / iPod connection in the glove box if it meant everything was retained on my steering wheel.

No problem, in references A = English language and X - Version number, mine was AP version and works fine. I have over 900 tracks on a memory stick and despite having a Sony 6CD head unit never use CDs, only ever remove stick to update, mine cost me £65 on fleabay plus about £5 for usb socket/leads, Personally I think its a mod well worth doing.

Note: some people state they needed reprogramming, although mine did not which maybe because as luck would have it I changed Versionj AP for Version AP helped. I don't know,

post-52172-0-00159600-1444999423_thumb.j

Thanks for your help will definitely look into that as it's a much cheaper option too.

Can I ask?

Have seen a few of the USB streaming modules on flebay, and the pictures that some have posted make the USB conectors look like it is not a mini USB, is this right and do I then need a wiring loom from Ford to connect a lead for USB? I have got a lead that is mini USB to female USB that gives me the lenth to get the USB socket in to the cup holder.

You do not need the Ford lead, any cheapy lead will do, minimum you need is a mini usb to std usb socket and hang it where you want although I made up a right angle socket with plug mounted on side of glovebox same as ford located it to enable easily removable if had to remove glove box again, cant remember whether module is mini or micro usb socket.,

Note: that non usb modules have a usb socket it is for service use only, Usb modules state with USB on the label

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club