Hi Everyone,

I own a 2010 Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCI. I have a very annoying rattle which
comes from the gear shift cable. I have taken all of the housing off
from my gear stick and gear cable and there doesn't seem to be any
rattling there. I think the gear cable has been knocked off a clip in
the engine bay when my car has been in the garage and thus causing the
cable to rattle against a clip. Could someone please tell me where any
clips are which hold the gear cable in place or if you believe the
problem is something else! It is driving me mad!!

This sounds like a problem I had which was fixed at a Ford garage. I think they said it was the "gear linkage cables" that were causing the noise which was more of a creak than a rattle. But the noise seems to be coming back again so I might have go back again and get them to have another look.

The noise which I get only happens when my engine has warmed up and been running for a bit, I have had mechanics look at my clutch and gear box and they said there is nothing wrong with it thats why I beleive it to be a simple and easy repairable problem. I just dont know where I can access the gear cables, I was wondering if someone could show me pictures of where the clips are which hold the gear cable in position.

• Like 1

Yeah that's the same as mine, it only made the noise after a good 20-30 minutes of driving, and longer journeys made it worse. It would make a creaking noise when using the gears or clutch in any way and also going over bumps.

First dealership I took it too had no clue as to what it was although they tried various things. It was only when I took it to Benfield in Leeds that they could figure it out, because they have a master technician. It might be worth giving them a call and see if they can give you any advice (it's Benfield York Road).

• Like 1

Yeah that's the same as mine, it only made the noise after a good 20-30 minutes of driving, and longer journeys made it worse. It would make a creaking noise when using the gears or clutch in any way and also going over bumps.

First dealership I took it too had no clue as to what it was although they tried various things. It was only when I took it to Benfield in Leeds that they could figure it out, because they have a master technician. It might be worth giving them a call and see if they can give you any advice (it's Benfield York Road).

Yeah I will give them a ring. Thanks for that! :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club