Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 Tdci Timing Belt And Wet Belt Change Interval And Cost

Lynxdiesel

Hi,

This is is my first post on the FOC forum. I have a 1.8 tdci mk2.5 focus Zetec it's got 65k and it's a 59 plate, it has partial service history.

I bought the car in May with 59k on the clock. I have had a few niggles with it since I bought it (it came with 6 month warranty) i have had a new alternator, and both front wheel bearings changed.

Whilst on holiday the washers for the windscreen were very weak, I removed the reservoir and cleaned the filter / rubber grommet before the pump, it was gunked up. Works well now!

Anyway I have been thinking about the timing belt and wet belt setup with my car. I only became aware of the wet belt after I bought the car and thought it was a chain from the crankshaft to fuel pump....

Slightly annoyed it has a wet belt, my fault for not looking into it further.

The engine seems strong and I have blanked off the egr valve with a stainless plate. Been using millers eco max fuel additive regularly since buying the car, I get avg 58 mpg on motorways the car now has 65k on the clock.

Realistically I am looking for sensible suggestions on the cost and when to change the timing belt and wet belt set up. I am anxious I may hit a money drain at around 90k if the dual mass fly wheel and clutch give up the ghost.

Appreciate any feedback!

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club