Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 Estate Tail Gate Issues

whyme

my car has developed a fault where from time to time the door open light will come on to stay that the doors are open. but clearly they are not open when its on. my question is this my boot switch doesnt work i use the fob to open the boot could the micro switch inside the mechanism be causing the light to come on ? it will go off if i turn a corner or hit a bump in the road or something but most of the time it stays on. ithe alarm has often gone off on the car when parked on the drive and no one is near it. so im presuming theres either a loose wire or there is a fault in the latches somewhere.

how easy is it to get a salvaged part and replace it or would it be better to get it done from ford not knwoing how long it will take or how much it will cost, its getting to be a bit of a pain when all i see is this DOOR OPEN warning light on the dash.

any help or advice will be greatly apprecaited in advance

thanks for reading

I would expect it more likely to be a door switch that is playing up as it says door open. Mine says bonnet or boot open or words to that effect if either of them are.

Not sure where the door switches are on the Focus yet but a lot are micro switches these days built into the lock mechanism rather than the simple old switch on the door jamb.

Easiest way to pin down where the problem is coming from is to activate the switch test mode.

Press and hold in the rear demister button while starting the car and you will get a tone.

Once activated the test mode will sound a tone when any switch or lever is triggered.

Open each door in turn, bonnet, boot, wiper, indicators etc and a tone will sound/hazard lights will flash which will make it easier to pin down any faults.

To come out of test mode turn off the ignition and leave to reset or press/hold demister button & start car again.

• Like 2

did this and no tone came when i opened the boot so im submising its the problem is there any videos and tutorials to guide me on exchanging the button to open the boot please and if i replace the switch/button will this fix the problem ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fit-For-Ford-Focus-MK2-2004-2008-Boot-Tailgate-Release-Switch-3M5119B514AC/400919589550?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3D648216d88a88451995f6c91260dd498a%26pid%3D100204%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D14%26sd%3D301712048388

this is what i want to replace

• 9 months later...

Would the test you mentioned above with the demister button also work on a fiesta zetec 2004 model?

On 31/10/2015 at 10:19 AM, Stoney871 said:

Easiest way to pin down where the problem is coming from is to activate the switch test mode.

12 hours ago, michmc100 said:

Would the test you mentioned above with the demister button also work on a fiesta zetec 2004 model?

I guess you have tried at as Clive described & it did not work. (I have put the quote in to attract attention.)

Clive, any idea about this on Fiesta, or is it Focus specific?

Can't comment on the Fiesta as I've only driven one once for about a day.

I will research it though.

Sent from my SM-G930F

The same test works on the mk3 Mondeo so it should follow on a Fiesta too.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Okay,  thanks for that will give it a go. :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club