Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth, Usb And Aux Issue

Ivan1988

Hey everyone. Could someone give me a solution to my problem. My bluetooth, usb and aux are not working.

The voice button and the aux button don't work at all and the phone button just mutes the radio.

In settings it states that bluetooth is off with no option to turn it on.

Nothing happens when the phone is plugged into usb or the headphone jack.

So far I've checked the fuses, unplugged the bluetooth module for a while to reset it and removed the radio and sync fuses for a while in hope that it will reset.

I've read that a factory reset may work but I can't find a way of doing that.

Another one is to unplug the battery but will I not be required to then put a security code into the radio, which I don't have.

Thank you in advance for the advice.

I've now unplugged the screen for around 5 min too. Still nothing

Thank you. I'll try that in the morning. Seems like the last thing left to do before I have to take it in

I've disconnected the battery for around an hour and nothing has changed. Even the stations I saved stayed the same

Hi I'm having the exact same issue with mine. Also a 2010. It's been driving me crazy for the whole month I have a had the car. Even been to ford twice and been charged £150 to still come away with it the same and ford want to take the dash out now at the cost of £400. Can some1 please help us out if they have any experience with this it would be much appreciated. Thanks have you had any luck yet Ivan? Has yours been like it long?

I also tried the battery and disconnecting the fuse. Removed the bluetooth modual and the stereo. None of this has worked I have read on other sites that this was common in 2010 cars a few had it fixed by update by ford but they say mine is up to date? I just want mine working as I know it should. I know my bluetooth modual works as I tried it in another fiesta but as soon as I put the other modual into mine it did nothing. Please help someone.

No I have had no luck. It really bugs me as my last car had bluetooth and I loved it so much. Can't beat a bit of Spotify and making phone calls without the struggle of the loud speaker. I've searched high and low but so far nothing. I've read somewhere that a master reset will get the usb working, which enables you to update the software but I can't even get it to reset. If I solve the issue I will most definitely be posting the solution as there is so many people out there with this issue. Can't believe ford's charged for a repair which they didn't fix, I would of absolutely refused to pay

Yea I know tell me about it. I wasn't happy but they did spend a fair bit of time on it and they still want to take the dash out at £ 400 to investigate further into the wiring harness. But I don't believe that the wire is the problem. Did your bluetooth work before? I just think they are trying everything when I think it's a programing issue. I will let you know when I get it fixed but I'm not paying 400 quid that's for sure when you can buy a bluetooth handsfree from amazon or eBay for 30 quid to do pretty much the same thing.

Yeah it worked and then all cut out. I've unplugged the bluetooth module as well as the battery now. Going to leave it until tomorrow night as I'm not using the car, in hope it will fully reset. It's clearly a programing issue as if it was wiring then it would be intermittent, well that's my theory anyway. In all honesty I've read a lot about it and it does seem like there is a communication error between the module and the radio as people have tried their modules in other cars (which I will be doing next) and they were fully working. This is the exact reason I want mine to go back to factory default, which hopefully will enable me to update the software, as it seems like this issue was fixed with the updated software.

• 3 years later...

Did either of you ever get to the bottom of this? It seems I've got the exact same problem and tried all the remedies you did 😵

• 1 year later...

Hi. I have a 2010 Fiesta Titanium and have exactly the same issue with USB port not working, phone setting not working that is the subject of the conversation.

Can anybody shed any light on how to resolve the issue?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

With so many people having the same issue with us anf aux, I can't find anyone that has found an answer to this problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club