Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to check engine size

cpdm

Hey Guys, just picked up a new Fiesta but have a rather strange question. Basically I initially ordered a 1.25 but had a change of heart a few days later and switched it to a 1.4. Now I've been told my car does have a 1.4 in it and I do believe Ford, after all why would they lie, but part of me just wants to be 100% sure.

I've had a look at the engine and can't see any stickers/wording that says what it is and wondered if any of you on here had an idea how I could check this?

Sorry for the random question, maybe I'm just being overly paranoid :)

I'd also like to know the answer to this, if you don't mind me jumping on the band-wagon. :)

When I ordered my car, I was told I could have one that was already on order for the dealers themselves, (presumably as a showroom model or demo), and they would just re-order one for themselves later-on. This would save a couple of weeks off the waiting time by doing it this way.

The car they had ordered for themselves was to be a 1.25 Zetec, but they said they would arrange with Ford to fit a 1.4 engine when it was being built, (as that was what I prefered). Anyway, when it does eventually arrive, I'd also like to know how to double-check to see if they have actually fitted a 1.4 engine instead of the 1.25 (I don't really trust the 'paperwork', so would like to see if there's anyway to physically look at the engine, [or stamps/plates etc] to determine the size).

Cheers,

Sarc.

look on log book at co2's and also tax disc but may i ask why would ford go to the trouble of changing an engine in a car when they could get a car from the factory :unsure: :unsure:

look on log book at co2's and also tax disc but may i ask why would ford go to the trouble of changing an engine in a car when they could get a car from the factory :unsure: :unsure:

Thanks will have a look. What would be on the tax disc to indicate engine size?

I just wanted to double check that they placed the right order to the factory and not the 1.25 I initially paid for. I'm sure they did place the right order, but just want some peace of mind :)

Also, thanks for the replies - very useful, (and thanks cpdm for letting me share the enquiry). Sorry, must have missed the old topics - and I thought I'd read just about every page on this forum over the last few weeks! :)

I realize that Ford wouldn't actually need to physically change the engine, and that it would all be done on the build-day, but like cpdm, I just needed to know that there was a way of checking when I eventually get my car - just in case there was a 'communications breakdown' between my dealer and Ford.

Cheers all,

Sarc.

cpdm - let us know, when you have time to check, if you do actually have the 1.4 stamped on your engine block. (Can't check mine yet as it's still en-route from Valencia - though I've now been told it's on British soil, so it's survived the high seas and pirates).

Had a look at co2 in the book but the 1.25 82PS and 1.4 96ps have the same emissions so going to have to look under the bonnet in daylight.

I have 2 delivery/order documents so not sure which one is correct. Anyways will let you know Sarc when I've had a chance to look under the bonnet :)

Hey Guys, just picked up a new Fiesta but have a rather strange question. Basically I initially ordered a 1.25 but had a change of heart a few days later and switched it to a 1.4. Now I've been told my car does have a 1.4 in it and I do believe Ford, after all why would they lie, but part of me just wants to be 100% sure.

I've had a look at the engine and can't see any stickers/wording that says what it is and wondered if any of you on here had an idea how I could check this?

Sorry for the random question, maybe I'm just being overly paranoid :)

My 1.6 Ti-VCT petrol has a white sticker on the engine's plastic cam belt cover - over the pulley nearest the windscreen - which says "1.6" - a bit hard to see as it's quite low down though! Found this as I was wondering too because my 1.6 engine doesn't look like the 1.6 petrol in the manual - apparently the manual drawing's wrong!

Sarc just received my new V5 documents and can confirm it says 1388cc. As this comes from the DVLA I'm almost certain it is the 1.4.

Still haven't had a chance to look closer at the engine but I'm not too concerned now that I've seen documentation outside of Ford confirming the engine size :)

My 1.6 Ti-VCT petrol has a white sticker on the engine's plastic cam belt cover - over the pulley nearest the windscreen - which says "1.6" - a bit hard to see as it's quite low down though! Found this as I was wondering too because my 1.6 engine doesn't look like the 1.6 petrol in the manual - apparently the manual drawing's wrong!

Thanks andy, will have a more detailed look this weekend when I can see the car in daylight :)

Sarc just received my new V5 documents and can confirm it says 1388cc. As this comes from the DVLA I'm almost certain it is the 1.4.

Still haven't had a chance to look closer at the engine but I'm not too concerned now that I've seen documentation outside of Ford confirming the engine size :)

That's good news - you can rest easy now. Just hope mine says the same when I get it. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club