Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Service

Cookey09

So, I've got my first service soon, after owning the car for a year and not yet reached 10,000 miles...

Do I need to remove and replace my upgraded halogen DRL's that have a blue coating and rated at "5800k"? And replace them back to stock? And I'm also going to ask for my headlights to be adjusted as mine seem to be pointing about 5 yards in front of the car...

The dealership aren't interested in any modifications you've done mate so just leave it as it is. 1st service will only be oil and oil filter, pollen filter (inside the car) and a general check over.

• Like 2

The dealership aren't interested in any modifications you've done mate so just leave it as it is. 1st service will only be oil and oil filter, pollen filter (inside the car) and a general check over.

And all for ~£150, scandalous.

£30 oil (max), filter £2 (max).

All for £50 at any local garage.

• Like 1

So, I've got my first service soon, after owning the car for a year and not yet reached 10,000 miles...

Do I need to remove and replace my upgraded halogen DRL's that have a blue coating and rated at "5800k"? And replace them back to stock? And I'm also going to ask for my headlights to be adjusted as mine seem to be pointing about 5 yards in front of the car...

Check the headlight level setting - its usually a little dial near to the steering wheel, it should be set to '0' if its just you in the car, you might find that a previous owner has had a higher load and has adjusted it higher - this means that the headlights point down more to compensate for the extra weight in the boot.

Cheers for that mate, im aware of that thanks, a couple of others on here have had their lights adjusted because of the same reason.

• 1 month later...

So, I had my first service, as soon as I got my car back, I noticed a clicking coming from the passengers side whenever my wipers "wiped"... (Also had new wipers fitted by them)

Any ideas to what this is?

I reckon it's coming from the fuse box behind the glovebox... But the fuse seems to "in" properly...

That'll be the relay mate, quite normal to here it at the same time as the wipers. The rear does it too.

• Like 2

That'll be the relay mate, quite normal to here it at the same time as the wipers. The rear does it too.

Ah right I see, cheers buddy, why's it just started making the noise though? What the cause of it to click? It didn't click before...

I know it's not a problem, hahaha just my curiosity 😉

It will always have clicked for some reason you've now heard it and focus on it more.

• Like 2

Maybe so, seems more prominent though. But, yeah I get what your saying.

Did they adjust your headlights mate? I installed some apparently brighter H7 bulbs but they're poo and I can't see anything.

Did they adjust your headlights mate? I installed some apparently brighter H7 bulbs but they're !Removed! and I can't see !Removed!.

fiesta lights are !Removed! regardless what bulbs you put in.
  • Like 1

Did they adjust your headlights mate? I installed some apparently brighter H7 bulbs but they're !Removed! and I can't see !Removed!.

No mate, completely forgot to ask! It was a case of drop it off and sort out later, had a busy day!

What bulbs did you put in?

I'm wanting them adjusting still. Might have a good at it myself to be honest matey.

If your going to adjust headlights, I would turn the adjuster no more than half a turn of allen key, half a turn does make headlight go up quite a bit ,

• Like 1

Ah right cheers mate! I'll have a look later tonight I think. Would it be clockwise/anti??

Clockwise, 7mm Allen key or the like or even a large flat blade screw driver fits, confirmed half a turn does bring it up sufficiently in my opinion.

post-59356-14514875971_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Clockwise, 7mm Allen key or the like or even a large flat blade screw driver fits, confirmed half a turn does bring it up sufficiently in my opinion.

Ah right! Cheers mate!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club