Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alternator & Oil Leak From Air Intake Gasket Mk6.5 Fiesta 1.6 Tdci

matt786

Driving along and noticed battery light permanently on. Pulled over and shut off engine. Tried to restart the car but all dash lights blinking erratic,central locking opening & closing by itself rapidly & engine struggling to crank. Called the AA and they diagnosed alternator fault. Car has done 67k. The intake air shut off throttle body has been leaking mist oil and pooling in the flange grooves. This is directly above the alternator and i always noticed oil on the alternator and belt especially after a motorway drive. Im always cleaning it off and stuffing tissue in the area to stop it dripping. Possible o ring or gasket failure at flange. Ford said they dont sell gasket/o-ring separately. Car is at my local garage who mainly do German and Jap cars and they were not able to take alternator out in the 45 min job time they gave me so missed work again for this car as its still in the garage as mechanics went home. Looked on the forum and googled but mainly found results for other fords but not my Fiesta.

Can anyone show me a fix to stop the oil mist leak on flange on the intake air shut off throttle body and how do you take the alternator out. Ford Fiesta mk6.5 1.6 tdci 2007 year. Thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club