Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Focus To Mk7.5 Fiesta

TomsFocus

Evening,

Has anyone gone from one to the other? Opinions on doing that?

I guess my main worries are boot space and ride comfort (both Titanium spec). But is there anything else that is potentially 'worse', or indeed better so it's not just a depressing thread lol.

Cheers

Tom

Boot space is still more than big enough on the fiesta.

That's all the input I can offer! Haha

I came from a Focus ST to the Fiesta and adjusted very quickly to, 1. The lack of power and 2. A smaller car.

The boot space is smaller and when shopping it is full where as the Focus still had space to spare.

The Fiesta did feel smaller inside but it carries 3 adults easily or 3 kids in the back.

I changed due to running cost. I regularly carry 2 passengers without issue.

I love the fiesta so much I'm on my 2nd one now (Titanium X)

My ST and Fiesta a few years back

post-5052-144994359156_thumb.jpg

I swapped my Mondeo for a fiesta and it was the best decision I have made. Did'nt need a big boot anymore and it's cheaper to run too

• Like 1

As a family of four (two small children) we run a MK 3.5 Focus ST3 TDCI and a MK 7.5 Fiesta Zetec 1.0 Ecoboost.

The fiesta is a great all rounder car, we quite often all climb aboard and go for a day trip or round the shops - the boot really isn't a bad size. Now whilst in the cabin we all have ample leg room (I'd even go as far as saying close to the Focus). With ours being a zetec series it does lack a few of those premium textures and nice to have gadgets but does everything you need from a daily driver. If your looking at the Titanium you won't need to worry about that! Personal opinion is it is now starting to feel a little dated now without a touchscreen (even saw a Micra with one the other day).

In terms of the financial facts - insurance in cheap - tax is £20.00 I belive and the fuel economy from the little three pot is about 37MPG currently.

The car looks fantastic from the outside, feels solid when driving and it's happy to be chucked through country lanes ;)

To summarise if you can sacrifice a bit of boot space and wanting to gain a few quid in the back pocket in the long run it is well worth considering.

Hope this helps, if you have any specific questions just shout :)

• Like 1

Not a focus, but I have just moved from an Audi A6 saloon to a 3 door Fiesta and I have to say the room in modern small cars is great, fair enough the room in the back isn't great as I am 6', but decent boot space, loads of head room in the front and feels nice and spacious.

Modern small cars are actually pretty big these days, I think the up to date Fiesta's aren't much smaller than the Focus from a few years ago to be honest.

I swapped my Mondeo for a fiesta and it was the best decision I have made. Did'nt need a big boot anymore and it's cheaper to run too

Same I moved from a couple of mk3 mondeos to a mk7 3 door fiesta with no trouble at all, now I'm used to 125hp mk7.5 I have no idea how I felt happy going from the mondeos 123hp to the mere 82 or lower (had so much wrong with it that car!) The first modern fiesta was, But happy I was somehow...

:unsure:

Saying that however I've driven a few lower powered, 82hp again (courtesy cars), since owning my current car and I can't go back again. Might be because I was expecting a loss of power moving to a smaller car last time around I dunno :shrugs:

The pocket rocket does take some getting used to, test drive a few see which you feel comfortable with. The 100 hp titanium I liked on test drive but still went for the 125hp titanium x, the ST i liked the power but hated quite passionately the two-tone interior and bucket seats

Thanks for the excellent replies all. :)

With regards to boot space, I regularly carry a couple of large tool boxes and a trolley jack and some other smaller tools/cases so need all that in the boot with the seats up. And occasionally carry larger items with the seats down (tumble dryer size) but as long as that's still doable it's all good. I never have rear passengers so leg room in the back isn't a problem.

And yeah it'd have to be at least a Titanium (hopefully an X but budget may decide against that) so it'll still have the spec and interior that I like.

I'd be going for the 1.0 (probably the 125) so I don't think running costs would be much cheaper than the Focus, if at all lol. Focus is £30 tax and 50mpg. Looks like the 125 would be £0 tax but only around 40mpg. Haven't tried insurance quotes but the remap on the Focus adds a fair chunk so that should be cheaper on a standard Fiesta.

Someone mentioned the lack of touchscreen but that doesn't bother me at all, I get in a right muddle with touchscreens lol, stick to a laptop over a tablet for that exact reason. I can't even imagine trying to use one on the move...I'd try to change the radio and end up setting the climate at -10c or something lol.

Will hopefully be making the swap after my birthday next year. :D

Don't write off specs based on budget, try car wow (i bought my own car via there) I managed to get an 18k car Inc extras for just over 14k :shock:

Don't write off specs based on budget, try car wow (i bought my own car via there) I managed to get an 18k car Inc extras for just over 14k :shock:

Same here. Carwow was great

I can't really help - as I came from a Clio --. Fiesta!

Both small hatchbacks... yet the Fiesta does seem bigger and much roomier compared to the old Clio.

I have a Focus Mk2 but have been using a Fiesta Mk 7.5 courtesy car for the past week. For me, at 6'3" I find it far more roomy in the front, in fact I find it more comfortable to pull the seat forward around 4 notches whereas in the Focus I have to have it all the way back. I believe this may have something to do the smaller steering wheel, as if I did this in the focus my knees knock against the steering wheel. This leaves far more leg room in the back, easily enough for me to comfortably sit behind the driver.

It is a 1.25 engine, which is fine, but has to be revved and am only getting around 32 mpg, which is less than my 1.6 (115) focus.

Obviously all the mod cons are excellent.

In fact, when I've been scanning Autotrader all week for the 1.0 ecoboost versions and am seriously considering trading my Focus in once it is returned to me, hence why I'm looking on this forum.

• 4 weeks later...

So, to update the thread, I'm pretty sure the switch to the Fiesta is the right thing to do for me, however...

My budget doesn't appear to stretch far enough. :( I knew I wouldn't get a new one, but thought the used ones, ~2 years old, would've dropped in price more than they have by now. For a 1.0 (either 100 or 125) in Titanium spec seem to be holding value at around £8k still, saw one equivalent to my Focus (Panther black, leathers, loads of options) for £11k which would be ideal but no chance haha. I don't really want a lesser specced one than titanium as I'll spend all the time wishing it was better (been there, done that lol), though I'm not too bothered by the X pack, and I'm not interested in the old 1.25 engine.

So is there any chance of getting a used one around £6-7k yet? Anyone selling one cheap lol? ;)

Or is there an equivalent I should look at? Would like to stay with Fords tbh but budget may dictate otherwise! Needs to be petrol, decent balance of economy and power, reliable, comfortable, well specced, low running costs.

• Like 1

I don't think you'd find a 1.0 ecoboost titanium for under 8k unless its high mileage, how about a 1.4 titanium, they're a little bit older though & it'll be a MK7 not a MK7.5. I think the newest 1.4 petrol you'd get is on a 62 plate. I think the only MK7.5 for 7k is going to be a 1.25, even the 1.0 ecoboost zetec's start at around 7.5k with average mileage.

• Like 1

63 plate MK 7.5 100 PS ecoboost titanium 16,500 miles Race Red here in Wales £8,999 . . . .

• Like 1

I can find them for £8k here (some where I bought the Focus even) but can't push the budget that far unfortunately. Was hoping with the new year they'd drop...and kinda hoping the used ones will drop at the end of Feb with the new reg coming out and a load of them px'd...don't think it's gonna happen though lol.

I don't like the fre-facelift front end tbh. :whistling: Did look into the 1.4s but they seem to be slower and less ecomonical as well. If I'm forced to buy something I don't really like I'd rather buy something much cheaper/older.

Prices should drop a little when the 16 plates come out - thing is that Fiestas are popular cars so tend to hold their value in any guise / spec

• Like 1

That is very true. There doesn't seem to be another engine out at the minute that matches the 1.0 EcoBoost either. Not sure what the Renault TCe is like but I'm not keen on the Clios anyway. Plus I do like some of the Ford specific tech like the Quickclear screen.

Bit annoying really as I was intending to keep the diesel Focus for another year when Ecoboost Fiesta prices should drop. But I just don't do diesel mileage any more and fed up with the reliability issues and poor economy from that plus the DPF hassle, as well as a few other things. If they did an economical petrol in a Mk2.5 Focus I'd swap for one, but they don't so I can't haha.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club