Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 2015 Keyfob

GeorgeZahra

Hi all.

I'm new here so still figuring my way around the Club!

I am the proud owner of a 2015 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Trend. Unluckily for me the car did not come fitted with a Built-in Key fob (locking/unlocking doors/boot). This means that all I have is a normal set of keys, and in order to lock/unlock the car I have to slide the key in the old fashion way. This gets rather tiresome especially when I'm lugging stuff around and remember I have to drop everything and open the damned thing manually. Considering it's 2015 I think it's a damned joke, but that's for another time!

Now, I've been to the Dealer and asked if I could buy an official Ford Key Fob, and he swiftly redirected me to an aftermarket supplier, stating that the shop is the official place the Dealer uses when the need arises (I live in Malta by the way, forgot to mention!). Now I went to this Aftermarket guy and asked for a simple Key fob - he quoted me a price of 350euro (around £270), stating that he would have to change the central lock and install an alarm system - sounds a bit iffy to me, considering the car is brand new and has central lock and (supposedly) an alarm - it's got that little dome alarm-style button at the front of the dashboard under the windscreen but never saw it flash red, hence, supposedly.

Now I checked online and an aftermarket Ford Key fob lookalike costs a little under £10.

My question is, could I buy one of these aftermarket keys online and go to an off-the-highstreet guy to try and programme it? And if so, is it usually expensive?

Thanks a million!

Appreciate any help

The dome on the dashboard is the sun sensor for climate control

• Like 1

Not sure what's need to retrofit as trend is quite basic and it's not UK spec.

The dome is a light sensor though, nothing to do with alarm.

• Like 1

Not sure what's need to retrofit as trend is quite basic and it's not UK spec.

The dome is a light sensor though, nothing to do with alarm.

It might be the Ambiente (not sure). Still, thanks though!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club