Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cable Getting Hot

krc37

Hi. I have an 06 mondeo tdci 130. I've just changed the water pump on it and power steering pump. To get them out OK I had it disconnect a wire that's held on by a nut that attaches to the glow plugs. Now. When I start the engine it starts to smoke in its getting blooming hot any ideas a what the wire does it it's function and why it's getting hot. Please help it's driving me mad

It's most likely the feed to the glow plugs. Is the connection clean and tight?

• Like 1

I've cleaned it yes it only had power for about 30 - 45 seconds so sounds like power to glow plugs but it's baffling me

I'm not sure what your baffled about to be honest lol.

The glow plugs aid cold starting and also stay on for a short period to help lower emissions - they don't run constantly.

Hope that helps?

• Like 1

It shouldn't be smoking, you have a fault and potential risk of fire.

are you using web or mobile version of the site? Web version you can go to more reply options next to post button.

• Like 1

If the connection looks ok I would be disconnecting the wiring and checking the resistance of each plug. Perhaps one is pulling a lot more current than it should be.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club