Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Very Faint / Dim Drl

Benlavelle

Morning all,

I recently installed some DRL's to my 2012 Ford focus a couple of months ago however, this morning i noticed one of the DRL's is extremely faint / dim.

When i take a look under the bonnet everything looks normal, one of the DRL's is working perfectly fine, the other one is really faint / dim, has anyone come across any similar issue or could recommend any advice?

Ben.

Are they OEM DRLs on cheap chinese things? Do you have a picture?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Hey Ginger Flame,

they are the cheap one's from China but I've read loads of reviews none of which claim short life span.

I've just taken some photos but there not great.

This is the dim DRL (drivers side)post-70484-0-25628700-1451928644_thumb.j

This is the normal one (passenger side) post-70484-0-50783300-1451928646_thumb.j

I've only had them for about 1-2 months so i don't know what's gone wrong.

post-70484-0-25628700-1451928644_thumb.j

post-70484-0-50783300-1451928646_thumb.j

How are they wired?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

red wire - battery +

Black wire - battery -

blue wire - ignition (rear wiper fuse)

wire wire - headlight for dimming

On behalf of all road users, thank you for using the dimming wire ;)

Have you checked all of your connections?

I only noticed it this morning and I've just a quick look under the bonnet but nothing jumps out. I connected it all up with a soldering Iron and heat shrink so i though it would be fine. That being said I've messed with the wires a little but no luck.

As you see form the photos there is some current getting through, they are just really dim. I'm assuming something has gone, but I don't know if it's the bulb or the relay.

I only noticed it this morning and I've just a quick look under the bonnet but nothing jumps out. I connected it all up with a soldering Iron and heat shrink so i though it would be fine. That being said I've messed with the wires a little but no luck.

As you see form the photos there is some current getting through, they are just really dim. I'm assuming something has gone, but I don't know if it's the bulb or the relay.

Are they multiple LEDs? Or one bulb inside the unit? Can't load all the pictures as I've bad signal at the minute

When the other one dims, does it match the dodgy ones brightness?

It's a row of around 6 LED's (vertically)

No you have to get really close to see that they are on very slightly.

It's a row of around 6 LED's (vertically)

No you have to get really close to see that they are on very slightly.

I wonder if the LEDs are in series.. of so, if one goes faulty they all will

would they still be on very slightly?

Depends what's wrong with the LED.

It's possible there's a loose connection or a dodgy relay. Could be anything yet

Do you have any chance of opening the unit? Do they not have any garentee?

Not with the LED lights, I did with the relay but that's only cheap anyways.

Duno what to do.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club