Do Not Sell My Personal Information

starting again

titanium_s_spec

right can i de wax my car with washing up liquid to start again because i realise now that i have swirl marks in which i should of removed b4 i started all this cleaning bug . and if so can i use the same mitt as i use to wash it with or will forever be in the mitt(washing up liquid) that is. cheers simon opps wrong thread sorry

Unless u have a machine polisher i wudnt bother tryin to take them out as u can cause more damage. If u can afford to buy one now then yes u can use washin up liquid but wash your mitt after at 60 degrees with no fabric softner. If u cant afford one now then carry on with your wax layers till u can

Moved for you Simon.

Did you ever go for a foam lance? Seeing as you say you've got the bug - I wouldn't use Fairy Liquid, at the end of the day that's not what it's for. I suggested that to someone - and it may have been you - as the way I would do it if I didn't have the right products for the job.

A large bottle of Megs APC is a very good investment and will last you for years. To remove wax I make up a 1:4 strength APC solution and apply it to the car using my foam lance. It strips the wax nicely, but very gently. It also has countless uses during a normal detail - both inside and out. Get it with a spray bottle and you'll be laughing. It evens works as a wheel cleaner.

If you have swirls, and Greeny has said you need to have it machine polished really. You can work on swirls without the machine polish using products like Lime Prime, Super Resin Polish and similar - but the results will be fairly limited.

Machine polisher is definitely on my Christmas list!

Iv got a silverline Random orbit polisher/sander

They are about £25, iv also go some menzerna pads and polsih to go with it.

not had a proper go with it yet but i will do sometime this week

do you want to practice on mine ;) :o :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
Moved for you Simon.

Did you ever go for a foam lance? Seeing as you say you've got the bug - I wouldn't use Fairy Liquid, at the end of the day that's not what it's for. I suggested that to someone - and it may have been you - as the way I would do it if I didn't have the right products for the job.

A large bottle of Megs APC is a very good investment and will last you for years. To remove wax I make up a 1:4 strength APC solution and apply it to the car using my foam lance. It strips the wax nicely, but very gently. It also has countless uses during a normal detail - both inside and out. Get it with a spray bottle and you'll be laughing. It evens works as a wheel cleaner.

If you have swirls, and Greeny has said you need to have it machine polished really. You can work on swirls without the machine polish using products like Lime Prime, Super Resin Polish and similar - but the results will be fairly limited.

Machine polisher is definitely on my Christmas list!

So tempting to get a foam lance and Machine polisher, but so expensive! Using sites such as detailing world really are bad for your bank balence

£25? I know somebody over on STOC who spent a large amout of dollar on a machine polisher (think its a megs one) would be very interested to see your results with one of these budget polishers

Quick question about starting again,

Just now i am struggling to get out swirl marks (Machine Polisher hopefully coming from Santa ;)), would this be because i have wax e.t.c already "protecting" the swirls?

Definitely strip the wax if you want to correct anything. I put APC in the foam lance and spray it snow foam style. You could also use a cirtrus wash or (if you're desperate and not wanting to spend money on products) fairy liquid. As you say, you have a layer of paint protection at present stopping the swirls from cutting out.

For the swirls themselves, I'm assuming they're minor, but you can't go far wrong with Autoglym Super Resin Polish or Lime Prime. According to the boys at Dodo, they don't recommend Lime Prime on new soft paint like we have, so I'd say go with the former.

thanks for the reply,

its autoglymm super riesen i have,

Its been applied, just on top of the protection :lol:

Will get down to stripping maybe sunday,

prob use the fairy liquid route as i have no foam lance

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club