Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Service light in Petrol cars...

Evening All,

Is it just me that thinks that all cars should have a service light to let you know that you have either reached a year or the mileage... As this is what I have had in pretty much every petrol car I have owned yet the supposed luxury top model (Obviously not including the ST) which was around 26k brand new is seriously lacking in simple driver comforts that I have seen in so many hire cars whilst waiting for my focus...

- No service light for Petrol cars (as told by the Ford guy)

- No Tyre Pressures on screen

- No indication to which tyre maybe flat (I'm guessing as I am no mechanic but if the wheels are sending any issues to the computer which then tells me I have a flat it must have a unique code the differentiates from the other wheel hence all they need to do is tell me which wheel lol

- No calendar link when you pair your phone... In the info screen it shows calendar but it seems completely useless to anyone with a phone... which is alot of people... If it takes my contacts surely this day and age as the Sync touch is Windows based they could at least have exchange integration...

Maybe I am just being too picky haha apart from these little things the car is amazing! Had it 8 months and hit 25k miles...

Cheers

My previous car was an Astra 53 plate and the word "service" came up every 12 months,but as you said a lot if fords (if not all of them) don't have it.My 55 plate Zetec climate doesn't anyway

20 hours ago, jimbobcook said:

Evening All,

Is it just me that thinks that all cars should have a service light to let you know that you have either reached a year or the mileage... As this is what I have had in pretty much every petrol car I have owned yet the supposed luxury top model (Obviously not including the ST) which was around 26k brand new is seriously lacking in simple driver comforts that I have seen in so many hire cars whilst waiting for my focus...

- No service light for Petrol cars (as told by the Ford guy)

- No Tyre Pressures on screen

- No indication to which tyre maybe flat (I'm guessing as I am no mechanic but if the wheels are sending any issues to the computer which then tells me I have a flat it must have a unique code the differentiates from the other wheel hence all they need to do is tell me which wheel lol

- No calendar link when you pair your phone... In the info screen it shows calendar but it seems completely useless to anyone with a phone... which is alot of people... If it takes my contacts surely this day and age as the Sync touch is Windows based they could at least have exchange integration...

Maybe I am just being too picky haha apart from these little things the car is amazing! Had it 8 months and hit 25k miles...

Cheers

If your doing 25k in 8 months I wouldn't wait for a service light or indicator!

• Like 1

personally they're a waste of space tyre warning systems are just a distraction any driver should know just from the steering uf the tyres a bit flat and should check them weekly a service indicator agains a waste of time shouldn't be hard to figure out when 12mnths from the last service was calender link? I use my car to Drive my windows phone does all That for me

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ippy said:

If your doing 25k in 8 months I wouldn't wait for a service light or indicator!

Yeah I totally agree, most other cars I have had have been near the 20k mark for a service unless I am going senile but I'm guessing the smaller engine needs more attention...

I just wondered that was all, I'm am sure a computer can be told that if you reach 12500 miles put a service light on or if you hit a year put a service light on... The diesels have it so why not do both...

8 hours ago, artscot79 said:

personally they're a waste of space tyre warning systems are just a distraction any driver should know just from the steering uf the tyres a bit flat and should check them weekly a service indicator agains a waste of time shouldn't be hard to figure out when 12mnths from the last service was calender link? I use my car to Drive my windows phone does all That for me

If I waited 12 months for a service I would easily hit over 30k which is nearly 3 services... It is something that I can do in my head but I just wanted life to be easy like everyone else lol

Cheers

I see the point in just one of those people that thinks cars aren't cars anymore I want well built cheap to fix reliable car not a twin clutch flappy paddle car that you need to talk to in the hope it might actually understand what you said that's just to change a radio station lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club