Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blaupunkt Sat Nav NX - Insert Original Data Carrier Disk

Wales_DB

HI all, I have an 08 plate Ford Mondeo 2ltr Zetec which I purchased last year from a garage (a truly terrible one at that I later found out). When I went to use the Sat nav system, it asked me to insert the original data carrier disk to which I had no idea what this was?? Anyhow, after looking on the internet I found a clip on youtube that showed me where to look - this can be found here if anyone is interested.

I managed to follow this guys instructions and much to my surprise I already had a disk in there! I did not come out at first, but when it did I noticed that the CD was filthy and so I gave it a good clean.....and now the 'insert original data disk' message no longer appears for me......but.......I still have an issue.

The response of the unit is slow i.e.when starting the sat nav it states on the screen "Navigation will be activated....", and putting in post code or something takes a while to generate.  Further to this, when I finally do get to a point where i calculate a route a message 'ERROR' appears and I do not know the reason for this - does anyone know what this may be?

I have also tried to press the 'MAP' on the unit itself and this doesn't generate a map at all - I would assume that these two issues are linked, but not sure what I can do about them.

Images attached for anyone to suggest something.....

Many thanks!

IMG_0362.JPG.1ff6da85f23120e0289aae2271cIMG_0365.JPG.3a6cb46eb36b2bf64cab1ef7a58IMG_0364.JPG.db416571bd2e93489844e222006IMG_0367.JPG.82f2bdeb6d7060acd2345fab32aIMG_0368.JPG.8fd3d161661f9f43fb5271615feIMG_0368.JPG.8fd3d161661f9f43fb5271615feIMG_0363.JPG.72faf14843ff009b596b043aa62IMG_0372.JPG.5dc783af3d7b37cc26b3bca4349

• 3 weeks later...

could be the disk is scratched or dirty. It could also be that the lens is dirty.

Have you got a lens cleaner at home?

• 3 months later...

Hi, I have a problem with my sat nav unit which appears to be the same problems you have, took mine to local ford dealer who says I should replace the disc and then get the system rebooted which I don't mind paying for but he's not guaranteeing that will cure it, did you manage to get yours sorted and if so what was the solution, thanks in advance Marty

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club