Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tom's Ford Focus MK2.5 Titanium Project

TomRickers

Really digging that honeycombe mesh front grill and the list of planned mods. Can't wait to see the progress :)

• Like 1

Rear chrome trim done now... take a look at the OP :D

8 hours ago, TomRickers said:

Rear chrome trim done now... take a look at the OP :D

Looks sick mate! Great stuff, can't wait to do mine now! Really makes it look mean.

I am thinking of tinting the rear lights on mine also, give it a stealthy look! I have tinted lights on many of my cars before, using a black tinting spray can and clear lacquer and it comes out great! 

I will certainly be keeping my eye out for any more improvements you make. Keep up the good work man.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joeyjameslewis said:

Looks sick mate! Great stuff, can't wait to do mine now! Really makes it look mean.

I am thinking of tinting the rear lights on mine also, give it a stealthy look! I have tinted lights on many of my cars before, using a black tinting spray can and clear lacquer and it comes out great! 

I will certainly be keeping my eye out for any more improvements you make. Keep up the good work man.

Thanks mate, and yea it's defo looking a bit more mean now ;)

Interesting idea about spraying the rear lights, I had planned on having a tinted film put on by a business near me, but if it's as easy as you say it is I might give it a go myself. Don't suppose you have any pics of them cars which you did the job on? would be interesting too see how it looks :D

Been looking at your car too, looks great mate, definitely going to keep my eye out for your future modifications :) 

8 hours ago, TomRickers said:

Thanks mate, and yea it's defo looking a bit more mean now ;)

Interesting idea about spraying the rear lights, I had planned on having a tinted film put on by a business near me, but if it's as easy as you say it is I might give it a go myself. Don't suppose you have any pics of them cars which you did the job on? would be interesting too see how it looks :D

Been looking at your car too, looks great mate, definitely going to keep my eye out for your future modifications :) 

Sure man, see attached pics of my Smart car and my old Mk1 Frozen White Focus (I miss that car!) 

Cheers man, likewise. 

20150607_153959.jpg

20150607_154023.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

• Like 1

looking good fella and looks like the chrome bits painted up well and has made a big difference. note to self must find time to re wrap my bonnet lip

• Like 1

16 hours ago, joeyjameslewis said:

Sure man, see attached pics of my Smart car and my old Mk1 Frozen White Focus (I miss that car!) 

Looks really good tbh mate! Loving that focus too, nice colour, bet it was a pain in the !Removed! to keep clean though!

2 hours ago, b4zz said:

looking good fella and looks like the chrome bits painted up well and has made a big difference. note to self must find time to re wrap my bonnet lip

Thanks mate! Glad you think it looks decent. Not half bad considering we sprayed it up in my mates shed! 

What colour you going to wrap your lip mate? I was tempted to have a go at wrapping mine but I've never done it before and wasn't sure if I'd be any good at it, may wrap some of the dash in the future if I can summon the courage lol

• Like 1

going to wrap it in  gloss  black but will attempt to take it off first this time so I can tuck it all under un like the first time.

give it a go fella just take your time and im sure all will be good

• Like 1

On 4/7/2016 at 0:32 PM, TomRickers said:

Looks really good tbh mate! Loving that focus too, nice colour, bet it was a pain in the !Removed! to keep clean though!

Thanks mate! Glad you think it looks decent. Not half bad considering we sprayed it up in my mates shed! 

What colour you going to wrap your lip mate? I was tempted to have a go at wrapping mine but I've never done it before and wasn't sure if I'd be any good at it, may wrap some of the dash in the future if I can summon the courage lol

On 4/9/2016 at 9:26 AM, b4zz said:

going to wrap it in  gloss  black but will attempt to take it off first this time so I can tuck it all under un like the first time.

give it a go fella just take your time and im sure all will be good

I carbon wrapped my boot and bonnet chrome trims/lips today fella's ;)

Will get some pics up on my project thread in the week so keep a look out.

• Like 1

will look forward to seeing the pics fella

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Updated the original post!

Enjoy :)

Car looks very nice - good, subtle improvements all round.

Have you thought about lowering? It sharpens up the handling and looks great. Also, when you get the wheels refurbed are you going to keep the same colour? I think something darker such as anthracite could work really well.

• Like 1

looking good mate and when are you going to tint your rear lights as I done mine but not to happy with them

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dan P said:

Car looks very nice - good, subtle improvements all round.

Have you thought about lowering? It sharpens up the handling and looks great. Also, when you get the wheels refurbed are you going to keep the same colour? I think something darker such as anthracite could work really well.

Thanks mate glad you like the look of it! 

I'm definitely looking into lowering it soon. Not really sure which kit is the best to use, don't want it to be so low that I can't go over bumps properly but want it to sit nice and like you say, improve handling. Don't suppose you have any suggestions?

As for the wheels, I was playing around with the idea of going for a two colour style, something darker like you suggested, alongside some gloss black to match the car, perhaps on the inside of the rim... Too much choice!

15 hours ago, b4zz said:

looking good mate and when are you going to tint your rear lights as I done mine but not to happy with them

Thanks mate! It's coming along nice I think.

As for the lights I'm still undecided on them at the moment, definitely want to tint the spoiler brake light and the mirror indicator lights. As the for the tail and head lights, not sure I want too yet.

I have plans of opening up the headlights and spraying the chrome parts inside (and fitting DRL's) 

The tail lights on my car are the LED type, and look quite cool already, not sure how they would look tinted as I haven't seen any examples.

How come you are unhappy with yours mate?

like the sound of the headlight chrome being sprayed but have heard that they are a bugger to split open.

the one light looks darker then the other doh. will try to get some pics of the lights later for you to see

• Like 1

Glad they came off easily pal and you managed to sort it.

In regards to the locking wheel nuts. Mine weren't that bad but I just sprayed them with some aluminium spray paint from Halfords and they came up like new. I have since got another set so I have two now. My only advise is that I would go over them with a bit of wire wool to try and get rid of any surface rust that would affect the paint sticking. You don't wanna go at it with a wire brush or anything harder as you may affect the locking pattern and then you really are in the brown.

Yes me too pal.

And I like your idea about the locking wheel nuts too, I think I'll give it a go! Thanks for the advice again :) 

Also had a look through your build diary, must say its looks great! 

In regards to the headlight 'eyebrows', do you happen to remember which kind of glue you used to fit them? As I've ordered some, and will be fitting them when they arrive hopefully this week coming. I also read what you wrote about how they take a while to fit properly, don't suppose you have any tips? :D

Tom

I used hammerite.brushed it on.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Glad they came off easily pal and you managed to sort it. In regards to the locking wheel nuts. Mine weren't that bad but I just sprayed them with some aluminium spray paint from Halfords and they came up like new. I have since got another set so I have two now. My only advise is that I would go over them with a bit of wire wool to try and get rid of any surface rust that would affect the paint sticking. You don't wanna go at it with a wire brush or anything harder as you may affect the locking pattern and then you really are in the brown.

Yes me too pal. And I like your idea about the locking wheel nuts too, I think I'll give it a go! Thanks for the advice again :) 

Also had a look through your build diary, must say its looks great! 

In regards to the headlight 'eyebrows', do you happen to remember which kind of glue you used to fit them? As I've ordered some, and will be fitting them when they arrive hopefully this week coming. I also read what you wrote about how they take a while to fit properly, don't suppose you have any tips? :D

Tom

Before.

d6f6fd68b3afaf40e9074556013e595c.jpg

b8449c0f2be18f69e80ef1bf61e2b046.jpg

After

• Like 1

2 hours ago, b4zz said:

like the sound of the headlight chrome being sprayed but have heard that they are a bugger to split open.

the one light looks darker then the other doh. will try to get some pics of the lights later for you to see

Yes mate from what I've read some people put them in the oven to loosen the glue! Sounds a bit scary to me, will have to see if there are any other methods.

Did you use film or a tinting spray? 

58 minutes ago, yunii said:

Before.

d6f6fd68b3afaf40e9074556013e595c.jpg

b8449c0f2be18f69e80ef1bf61e2b046.jpg

After

Looks great! Such an improvement over the standard ones, really need to get round to doing this. 

If you have a titanium then you have dash top storage bin, which over time snaps the stud & doesnt remain closed. So i fitted an ST225 pods assy & removed oil pods & fitted scangauge ii

f023885a6dbe811669691fdaa0178f76.jpg

2356f1a51b4f9838e1ec157d5d5415a7.jpg

e10fb22e3049d1e6a8122aa9b2ad24fe.jpg

ff16662cb0ea5351402c6672841b4685.jpg

2d926135ae68723eb86c2c7a5b1395bb.jpg

c4176f576df8a7b9f9ad8f9e5f003adb.jpg

Yunii

I'm definitely looking into lowering it soon. Not really sure which kit is the best to use, don't want it to be so low that I can't go over bumps properly but want it to sit nice and like you say, improve handling. Don't suppose you have any suggestions?

I and several others on here have lowered our Mk2s on Eibach springs with good results. The springs make the car firmer but not uncomfortable. The car now handles better and sits a lot flatter on the bends. I've had no issues as a result of the ride height as the springs don't make the car stupidly low. Check out my build thread (Eve) for more information.

6 hours ago, TomRickers said:

Yes mate from what I've read some people put them in the oven to loosen the glue! Sounds a bit scary to me, will have to see if there are any other methods.

Did you use film or a tinting spray? 

Looks great! Such an improvement over the standard ones, really need to get round to doing this. 

I used tinting spray as I said to me they look odd but from a distance they look ok

9 hours ago, yunii said:

If you have a titanium then you have dash top storage bin, which over time snaps the stud & doesnt remain closed. So i fitted an ST225 pods assy & removed oil pods & fitted scangauge ii

Yea mine has started to become a pain to close! I love the pod idea, yours looks like it should have came with the car, you wouldn't know it was an upgrade if you didn't know what you was looking for, blends in really well. Currently I have my phone hooked up to my OBD port and have an app which displays gauges and graphs etc... really neat app, DashCommand I think its called. Would like a dedicated display though.

9 hours ago, Dan P said:

I and several others on here have lowered our Mk2s on Eibach springs with good results. The springs make the car firmer but not uncomfortable. The car now handles better and sits a lot flatter on the bends. I've had no issues as a result of the ride height as the springs don't make the car stupidly low. Check out my build thread (Eve) for more information.

I checked out your MK2, looks really nice!

I think I will get the Eibach springs for myself, they make such a huge difference to the car. Don't suppose you know where you bought them from or how much they set you back? I've seen quite a range of prices online and also lots of different springs made by Eibach, not sure of the exact product code I need (think they may be different for petrols and diesels due to weight?). Do you know which size springs you bought e.g 30mm lowering? or is there only one choice?

3 hours ago, b4zz said:

I used tinting spray as I said to me they look odd but from a distance they look ok

If your anything like me mate, I always think things on my own car look odd but no one else ever notices unless I point it out to them! :D

14 hours ago, TomRickers said:

I checked out your MK2, looks really nice!

Thanks!

14 hours ago, TomRickers said:

I think I will get the Eibach springs for myself, they make such a huge difference to the car. Don't suppose you know where you bought them from or how much they set you back? I've seen quite a range of prices online and also lots of different springs made by Eibach, not sure of the exact product code I need (think they may be different for petrols and diesels due to weight?). Do you know which size springs you bought e.g 30mm lowering? or is there only one choice?

I got mine from AMD. You are right that there are different springs for the different models owing to the weights. I think the Eibachs all lower by 30mm from standard. I think these are the ones you need. They should be around £150.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dan P said:

Thanks!

I got mine from AMD. You are right that there are different springs for the different models owing to the weights. I think the Eibachs all lower by 30mm from standard. I think these are the ones you need. They should be around £150.

Thanks for your help mate, I'll look into getting some when I'm back from my holiday next week :D

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 3/31/2016 at 11:58 PM, TomRickers said:

Cheers mate, and I got them when I signed up for the FOC premium membership, got sent the stickers and also a 15% discount card for halfords so is defiantly worth it. Get loads of other discounts too so is pretty decent tbh, think it was only around £15 for a whole year, not much when you think about savings if you use halfords often.

And yea I agree once the lip is done the front will be looking good! Also been eyeing up a front splitter like this one:

image.thumb.png.a8025f795c4e3b38e5f6c646

And I've ordered these so should be fitted in the next week or so when they arrive!

image.thumb.png.8fd34178bd3a3dfd944f356b

Wanna make sure the car is looking as mean as possible! I will post more pics too, think a trip to the car wash tomorrow is in order. 🙂

Sorry for ghosting your thread, but i have to ask if you ever got to fit this front spoiler? I can't see any updates of it. I have always wondered how this looks on the car as it is not shown on their website.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club