Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Overspray dissaster - help needed!

6SpeedManual

Hello all,

First post on the board and it's a depressing one.

I had set out to spray tint my side lights and had masked up the surrounding area and proceeded. Once I had finished and peeled away the news paper, it appears as though some parts of the paper had become over saturated and the spray tint seeped through on to the car. Furthermore, a gentle wind seems to have made the paint spread a layer over various parts of the bonnet. It's not really visible but feels like a thin layer of sand paper when I rub my hands over it and then smooth again where it missed the car, :headbang: . I've also got some straight lines which separate the over spray and normal paint where the masked area was removed. Looks awful.

I tried to clay bar the area and use auto finesse triple to polish by hand but bugger all happened. Any ideas on how I can remove this myself before having to take it to a shop? The spray tint is removable using white spirit but I don't think I should be throwing that onto the paint.

!Removed! balls up not stopping when I noticed the wind. Really appreciate the help.

Try a normal decontamination routine, use a heavy grade clay bar & then if you have a DA/Rotary available, go down that route or go really Rambo on it & wetsand it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club