Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 2.0 TDCI Mondeo key stuck in ignition

Turtle19

I have bought a 2003 Mondeo tdci to run in the winter when my Focus RS is off the road. When turning the ignition off the key won't pull out of the barrel I've tried oiling the barrel but not joy. Ps it is a manual I've looked on google but can only find people with automatics with park problems. Anyone else had this problem?

I had this on my mk3 but it only effected one key, the unworn one, Devils own job getting it out, lots of wiggling and swearing, oh and make sure the steering wheel position is not putting pressure on the steering lock.

went back to using the worn key all was well, seems like worn barrel new key combo is not good, heard of a few case of this

8 hours ago, pragmatix said:

I had this on my mk3 but it only effected one key, the unworn one, Devils own job getting it out, lots of wiggling and swearing, oh and make sure the steering wheel position is not putting pressure on the steering lock.

went back to using the worn key all was well, seems like worn barrel new key combo is not good, heard of a few case of this

I haven't got a spare key, is it an expensive job to get a new barrel and key?

Try your local breakers yard for these items if you don't then it will be pricey getting these bits from Ford's...not sure how complex this is to do though fella....

Sent from my Z220 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club