Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Rear Light Keeps Popping Out

TomsFocus

Hardly a major issue, I know. :tongue: 

But it is pretty annoying, I keep pushing it in but it pops out again during every drive.  The screws are in fine on the inner edge, but the outer edge where the little knob pushes into the rubber grommet keeps popping out giving a wide gap between the light and the body.  As well as the annoying looks I'm not sure if it'll cause any water ingress issues if it's not in tightly so want it fixed really.

Is it a common issue?  Simple fix? 

oHlJKE7.jpg

Cheers!

Is that a Fiesta light?

Sounds like you are missing the wing nut on the back of the light that holds it firmly in place from inside. Check the other side.

• Like 1

Yeah it's a Fiesta, but same system as on my Focus, 2 screws on the inner edge and just this little knob and grommet thing on the outer edge, no wing nuts on these. 

Odd. My Fiestas all had/have a plastic wing nut on the back of the light to hold it in place.

Check about half way down the page linked below.

Wing nut

• Like 1

Yours are newer though lol, that's a Mk7/7.5 hand book...  This is a Mk6. :smile: 

The mk6 does indeed have a plastic wingnut type thing on the back :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

I can't be that thick surely? :unsure:

Honestly though, it doesn't (maybe mk6 does, 6.5 doesn't?), it's exactly the same as the Mk2.5 Focus which doesn't use wingnuts either.  Unless I've just been breaking all of my lights out to change bulbs? :laugh: 

I have had a Mk 6, 7 and 7.5. All have wing nuts.

• Like 1

Skip to 1.35ish, 2 screws, 2 'lugs' (what I referred to as knobs), no damn wing nuts. :tongue: 

No wing nut there - someone has stolen it! ;-)

Seriously though, the MK 6 did have said nuts as do 7 and 7.5. Must have been a design change on 6.5.

I guess the grommets on yours are worn which is causing the loose light. We learn something every day :-)

• Like 2

Haha, I guess they realised it was a mistake pretty quickly! :laugh:  My bad for putting mk6 instead of 6.5 above, just assumed the lights were both the same! :blush:  Even had a Mk6 last year briefly lol.

You're probably right about the grommet(s) being worn though, it's the bottom one that keeps popping out, if anyone's bored and got access to the Ford parts thing could you get me the part number please?  Unless anyone's breaking a low mile Mk6.5 with a unworn grommet and fancies sending me it...I could also do with a pair of number plate lights as they keep falling out...usually like £2 each new for 306s, Golfs and anything else I've bought them for, but the Fiesta ones are like 10 times that for apparently no reason... :unsure: 

• Like 1

As above, the mk6, 6.5, 7 & 7.5 all have wing nuts! It's a threaded bar on the back of the light which pokes through the bodywork then tightens up! Unless it's been snapped off?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Watch the video kieran, I can 100% say the 6.5 does not use wing nuts! :tongue:

I've fixed this anyway, the grommet was slack as someone suggested above, I just wedged some of the plastic packing from the new number plate light in the hole which has cured it lol.

• Like 1

Err, tom, im going to say , your right, everyone else wrong. Lol I just checked, the mk6.5 I checked doesnt have them.

• Like 1

Not often that happens!! :laugh: 

This is very much not fixed though, popped out again this morning. :sad: 

Both sets of facelift rear lights I bought for the mk6 had wing nuts on. Wonder if it's just hit & miss?

don't know, the one I looked at was 5dr, no nut or stud on either side

I doubt it'd just be hit and miss, thought it might've been 3dr vs 5dr but it seems it's not that either! 

Must be a year where it changes over I reckon.  Does it tell you date changeovers on the Ford parts catalogue thing?  While you're looking, could find me the part number and/or proper name for the grommet... :whistling:

• Like 1

don't know, the one I looked at was 5dr, no nut or stud on either side

My old fiestas were both 5 doors :) and I fitted facelift lights to them both (smashed one set in an accident) and both sets had wingnuts as I remember dropping one under the bootbuild and having to dig it out shortly before selling the car

There must be hundreds of Mk6.5 Fiesta's on here....anyone else want to add whether their facelift has wingnuts or lugs??

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club