Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flip key

sstef

Hello

I have a 2009 focus and i have one flip remote key and one key with no remote.

I want to buy a second flip key. 

Which key i have to buy for my car  with 4D60 chip or with 4D63 chip 

At the description of the 4D60 chip says that i can program the key myself.

Can i program the key myself and for the 4D63 chip? Is the same way to program it or i have to go to a locksmith?

thank you 

Either way as I can't remember what chip it requires off hand, you will need to have either programmed to the car to start it, unless you have a modified ELM 327 and Forscan or access to Ford IDS diagnostics.

You can only program the remote locking function without diagnostics.

hi simcor

The vid on your signature for programming remote function of keyfobs has a different way from the description of the ebay's  key with 4D60 chip. The seller says that you can program the key to start the engine without diagnostics if you have 2 working keys. I dont know if he is right or wrong but this is not my main problem now because I have a modified elm327. I install cruise control buttons and program them with elmconfing. Does anyone know the procedure to program keys with elmconfing ?

My problem is what key to order with 4D60 or 4D63 chip. 

Don't think you can program them with Elmconfig ...... 

18 hours ago, sstef said:

hi simcor

The vid on your signature for programming remote function of keyfobs has a different way from the description of the ebay's  key with 4D60 chip. The seller says that you can program the key to start the engine without diagnostics if you have 2 working keys. I dont know if he is right or wrong but this is not my main problem now because I have a modified elm327. I install cruise control buttons and program them with elmconfing. Does anyone know the procedure to program keys with elmconfing ?

My problem is what key to order with 4D60 or 4D63 chip. 

I believe on the MK1 you could program spare keys as long as you had both keys but not on the Mk2 onward the system is different.

For a MK2 you have to program the transponder with diagnostics and the remote locking can be programmed as per my link to the video how to.

You need Forscan to program a new key, not Elmconfig.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club