Do Not Sell My Personal Information

twin exhaust tip dilema

davyo

Help dilema!

Ive cut the bendy bit off the exhaust on my ecoboost 125 ready for a twin trim to be welded on but the one thats came is 75mm (3") .I think its going to look too big but the only way to tell is to trim the bumber and loose fit it.However if i cut the bumper(valance) then its going to be goosed as my next option is to go for Screenshot_2016-07-25-20-07-32.pnga pipe (ordered today) with twin (51mm) ends.Any ideas, the full stainless steel is the 3" twin

Screenshot_2016-07-25-20-07-52.png

I think the 2" will look better than the 3". The 3" would be a bit boy-racer, IMHO. 

• Like 1

For reference the standard ST exhaust is 2.5" and I'm running 3". Not sure how they will look with the standard diffuser though

fiestast01.jpg?mode=pad

IMG_2014.jpg

Stuck em up against the car, needs a bit cut off the back as l dont want it sticking out plus the valance needs trimming.Going to pop to longlife see if they can do me a 2" twin as the other one im waiting for off eBay is prob going to be naff.

20160726_101013.jpg

20160726_101021.jpg

If you fancy moving the parking sensors I'd say get the ST rear valance. It'll suit the exhaust tip better.

My Titanium X

Screenshot_2016-07-27-18-13-13.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Willy said:

If you fancy moving the parking sensors I'd say get the ST rear valance. It'll suit the exhaust tip better.

My Titanium X

Screenshot_2016-07-27-18-13-13.png

Stuck em up against the car, needs a bit cut off the back as l dont want it sticking out plus the valance needs trimming.Going to pop to longlife see if they can do me a 2" twin as the other one im eaiting for off eBay is prob going to be naff.

Took it into longlife this morning & tried a 2.5" twin but changed my mind and went for a SS 3"wide x 2.5 high single oval.Really happy as its fully welded to the ford box so no fear of falling off.

20160728_105917.jpg

20160728_105907.jpg

20160728_105931.jpg

20160728_105858.jpg

• Like 1

how much was that. think id rather do that than a full backbox/backbox delete

£80 the tip was £30  but they had cheaper ones.I needed some extra SS tubing between the back box and the tip so £50 to fit but fully welded.Was going to put a clamp on job on initialy but after you cut the bend off there is only about 10mm to clamp too @ i wouldnt fancy that comming loose and bouncing down the road.

3 hours ago, davyo said:

Stuck em up against the car, needs a bit cut off the back as l dont want it sticking out plus the valance needs trimming.Going to pop to longlife see if they can do me a 2" twin as the other one im eaiting for off ebay is prob going to be naff.

Took it into longlife this morning & tried a 2.5" twin but changed my mind and went for a SS 3"wide x 2.5 high single oval.Really happy as its fully welded to the ford box so no fear of falling off.

20160728_105917.jpg

20160728_105907.jpg

20160728_105931.jpg

20160728_105858.jpg

What have they done to your rear valance mate? It's terrible.

That was me im afraid before i took it in lol. I tried one of those cheap twin pipes with the bend in and it rested against the valance (right hand side on the lip)and melted it a bit .Its not to bad,you can only see it if close up.Ive ordered a new Zetec S valance today & when the new one comes they said they would fit it and cut it (if needed)for free (must of felt sorry for me lol)

Ahh I see. 

Did you order this one?

2016-07-28 16.49.38.png

1 hour ago, Willy said:

Ahh I see. 

Did you order this one?

2016-07-28 16.49.38.png

That was me im afraid before i took it in lol. I tried one of those cheap twin pipes with the bend in and it rested against the valance (right hand side on the lip)and melted it a bit .Its not to bad,you can only see it if close up.Ive ordered a new Zetec S valance today & when the new one comes they said they would fit it and cut it (if needed)for free (must of felt sorry for me lol)

Yes with the side bits but meas i lose my moulded mudflaps

It'll look good when it's done. 👍

Exhaust looks good shame about melting the rear valance but the honeycombe will certainly give a sportier look, how much have you paid for the kit? And do ford not do mudgaurds to fit with extension plates? Would really like to do this to mine ...

It's a shame but Ford have never done mud flaps for the sport models of the fiesta or focus 

2 hours ago, T1M FF said:

Exhaust looks good shame about melting the rear valance but the honeycombe will certainly give a sportier look, how much have you paid for the kit? And do ford not do mudgaurds to fit with extension plates? Would really like to do this to mine ...

Dont know the full price yet as the lad i spoke to om the phone at Jennings in parts said he'd need to look it up.Just told him to order them in and i will sort it on collection. Looked at stuff on eBay but they are all either scratched,cracked or have luggs missing.Think i may be looking at £200/£250.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club