Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ka/Street Ka central locking upgrade

Bazka

Hi All

My daughter has a 2006 Ka with central locking which works fine, but a friend of ours is breaking a StreeKa which has central locking operated from the keyfob. My question is can I use parts from his to upgrade hers to the same system? Obviously I will need the keyfob, but is there a control unit  that I can just swap from his to hers or is it not that easy. The StreetKa is a 2004 winter edition and all parts are available, so if anyone needs anything let me know. 

Thanks in advance.

Yes but its not an easy job.

You will need the Ecu which may not be compatible with an ordinary Ka depending on the engine parameters.

The ecu controls the central locking and the engine timing so its not just as simple as it seems and the alarm is in the boot of the streetka, you will also need to change the ignition barrel!

Big job not for the fainthearted or inexperienced with computers!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply, I was hoping there would be a separate ecu just for the central locking. I can't see the ecu being compatible as the Ka is 1.3 and the StreetKa is1.6. Thanks anyway probably leave as is.

Yeah I know what you mean but the car is too cheap for that type of setup.

My Rover 800 has that type of setup you will have the Ecu and a separate box called a Ccu which has a single separate task but its all on the Ecu for cheap cars to sav-e on money and more wiring / cost etc.

On 03/08/2016 at 0:39 AM, Bazka said:

Hi All

My daughter has a 2006 Ka with central locking which works fine, but a friend of ours is breaking a StreeKa which has central locking operated from the keyfob. My question is can I use parts from his to upgrade hers to the same system? Obviously I will need the keyfob, but is there a control unit  that I can just swap from his to hers or is it not that easy. The StreetKa is a 2004 winter edition and all parts are available, so if anyone needs anything let me know. 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Baska,

I agree with what others have said. Trying to move parts like this is a big job and over complicated 

I'd suggest purchasing a kit such as this: http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=50&products_id=1143

I too have a 2006 ford ka and have fitted this kit myself. It didn't take very long to solder in and tucks away neatly below the fuse box under the dash.

The kit allows remote locking and unlocking as well as the option to remotely unlock the boot to (which I find very handy when carrying shopping etc). There's a good range on the fob too.

Let me know if you want any more help or advice if you choose to do it this way. It's by far the cheapest and easiest way of making the central locking remote controlled!

Cheers,

Josh

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club