Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting DRLs - Worth it?

chrisroberson99

I've been toying with the idea of fitting some DRLs to the Focus as I think they would finish off the front end nicely, and seeing most modern cars have them I don't want to be left out! :laugh:

I've looked at various fitments and my favourite are fog light DRLs made by Osram to fit various Fords including the MK3 Focus.

Here are are few real life pics of them fitted to a Mustang - http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=47&t=1585233&i=240

20160708_181623.jpg

20160708_181634.jpg

Whilst these look great on a Mustang I'm concerned that they won't have the same effect on the Focus. Pricing seems reasonable too, Think Ford Guildford have quoted £338 to fit, including parts, labour and VAT.

Anyone else fitted these? 

Edited by chrisroberson99

I don't like the look of foglight DRLs personally.

Some VWs have them as standard, it just looks like they have left their fogs on.

I prefer LED strips. Like the kit you can get for the grille

• Like 1

i just switch on my sidelights. takes me a second and people see you better.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I don't like the look of foglight DRLs personally.

Some VWs have them as standard, it just looks like they have left their fogs on.

I prefer LED strips. Like the kit you can get for the grille

Yeah I guess that was the look I was going for, IMO thry look more OEM than the grille ones. I've sen a few Foci around with the grille ones and they look a bit naff buy they're probably aftermarket ones. Are the Ford ones any better?

I guess it is just personal preference really.

The ford grille ones are genuine replacement grille sections, but the leds themselves are by a 3rd party. (like climair is for wind deflectors).

I've got the genuine Ford ones made by Nolden, part no. 1746355 - I think they look great and better than foglight DRL's. They are very bright too! Ford should have fitted them as standard

I've got the genuine Ford ones made by Nolden, part no. 1746355 - I think they look great and better than foglight DRL's. They are very bright too! Ford should have fitted them as standard

Can you put up a picture please

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

The Nolden ones were the ones I was thinking of:

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_nolden_daytime_running_lights_with_matt_black_bezel_f_1746355_c_997.htm

Gloss version (For titanium):

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_nolden_daytime_running_lights_with_gloss_black_bezel_f_1746357.htm

The replacement grille sections are made by Ford afaik, the LEDs and wiring are by Nolden, but is an official accessory, so no warranty issues.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, they look more promising than other aftermarket ones I've seen! 

I have to admit I'm still not totally convinced on spending over £300 on lights...maybe it would be better spent on a spoiler? The only issue is insurance and modifications...

Other mods will be dash cam and bigger alloys be I'm hoping they'll be Christmas and birthday pressies.

Any thoughts? 

PS Alex I'd love my car to look similar to your 2012 Focus, those little things like a spoiler and fog light surrounds look brilliant! 

• Like 1

Might be worth seeing how the different mods affect your insurance.

Then go for the most cost effective ones.

Rear spoiler is a must imo.

Cheers Alex, i think that's a good way forward!

• 2 weeks later...

I like DRL's I find they can be quite stylish.

I have had them for a few years, yet I need some work on the car and to fix three of my four lol...

Didnt realise you had gotten your focus!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club