Do Not Sell My Personal Information

parcel shelf strings

mrmetallica

i have had both snap on me now.

apart from breakers yards whats a cheap place to buy dont want to pay  £9 each for them and do m1 focus ones fit the same length wise

54 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

i have had both snap on me now.

apart from breakers yards whats a cheap place to buy dont want to pay  £9 each for them and do m1 focus ones fit the same length wise

If the clips are ok why not just replace the string yourself!

47 minutes ago, Russ said:

If the clips are ok why not just replace the string yourself!

thought about that but looks a bit of a task getting the string back in the fittings

27 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

thought about that but looks a bit of a task getting the string back in the fittings

How? Cut the strings then use a small drill (twisting it by hand) to drill out the remaining string, poke new string into the hole you just created and a spot of superglue! Cheap and easy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russ said:

How? Cut the strings then use a small drill (twisting it by hand) to drill out the remaining string, poke new string into the hole you just created and a spot of superglue! Cheap and easy

the string has already pulled out .stupid parcel shelf geot stuck and when i opened the boot it pulled the string out

good idea .hadnt thought to much about it yet but thats a good idea thank you .

• Like 1

Son had the same problem and purchased a 10m roll of black nylon cord off eBay for 99p, enough to fix any further snapped string for the next ten years....lol

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

Son had the same problem and purchased a 10m roll of black nylon cord off ebay for 99p, enough to fix any further snapped string for the next ten years....lol

you dont have a link do you .they have so many differen types its unreal

2 hours ago, Ian Lanc said:

thanks for links

not sure on size 1mm to 2mm .first one looks a bit shiny .ive ordered some in blue .see how it goes .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club