Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Mk2 focus confusion in models

Welshjohn

Hi all

im returning to ford ownership after a awful 3yrs with a Vauxhall Astra.im now after a mk2 focus budget max of £2600. Engine size I would like a 1.8 petrol that's the easy bit.looking at the models there's your basics edge sport etc.so the zetec climate up is what I'd like.but what Is confusing me is the ghia has cruise control etc and climate control.but the  apparent top model titanium does not.so I need help

id like climate control and cruise and heated screen .with sporty handling some people have said the titanium has the same sportier suspension as the zetec in a package much nicer with a very good stereo..so I'm confused which model do I go for.so in short I would like

cruise control

quick clear screen

clmate control

decent stereo

cheers for any help 

Ghia would be the best it has pretty much everything.

If your going for1.8 petrol , check for any smoke when reving it up, and check oil level. 1,8 has been known to burn oil at a high rate, most are ok but you do get the occasional one .

Cheers for the advice..seem by looking now if I up my budget a little more I can get a face lift model.then the titanium models have a slightly better spec..

Titanium is top comfort model - no sport suspension but lots of toys.

Zetec S is top sports model - not many toys but you get the sports suspension.

All of them above the real basic ones have a heated front screen.

Cruise and climate were both optional extras unfortunately.  Cruise can be retrofitted though, climate can't.  

Depends what you mean by decent stereo...mine is decent in the fact it's a premium 8 speaker surround sony system in the Titanium...but things like 6cd, dab and sat nav were again optional.

By meaning a decent stereo  I also have a t5 Volvo with the pro logic system in it :cool:..I'll just keep checking the adds till something ticks the boxes...damn now I've. Just seen a 2.5t mondeo

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club