Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi ECOnetic anygood?

Double_Dee

I am thinking of getting a new car that is very good on mpg, low insurance group and either no tax or low tax. With doing a little bit of research I like the

Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCI ECOnetic

Urban mpg 61.4 mpg                 
Extra Urban mpg 88.3 mpg
Average mpg 76.3 mpg
Insurance group 12

Ford Fiesta Zetec S

Urban mpg 54.3 mpg                 
Extra Urban mpg 67.3 mpg
Average mpg 78.5 mpg
Insurance group 12

I have around £4500 to spend at a push. I was going to get a Corsa D diesel, but I reckon that is catered for more of the younger drivers out there. Are these models of Fiesta reliable? And are they really as good as they say they're when it comes to mpg? I know insurance is done by your area and current no claims bonuses, but what are some of you actually paying per year for your insurance?

Any help much appreciated

we have a 2010 1.6 TDCT Titanium, the car  is amazing currently i commute 17 miles each way and current consumption is 65.3mpg around the town it drops to 56 mpg and on a long run to Bristol on the M4/M5 we hit 68mpg it did peak at 71.5mpg.

my current insurance is 189.00 per year (I'm 49 with max NCD no accidents and HGV driver), road licence if £20 per year. its been cheap to run but weave only owned it around 6 months with two previous keepers, all I've done is put some new tyres on the front (£160 incl. tracking). were amazed at the space as we came from a 2010 Mazda3 the internal space is remarkable. 

I currently have 2014 Fiesta 1.6 econetic and had it for 2 years now.

I think it's fantastic, avg mpg on very short trips never falls below 52 for me, and it only costs me about £250 or below per year to insure.

I recommend them.

Make sure its properly serviced otherwise it can get very very expensive to keep running.

Can't comment on the Fiesta as I've only had it a few days. But I did have a diesel Corsa for 4 years... I cannot stress enough - stay away from them. Awful awful cars. The amount of money that I put into mine was criminal. They share the underpinnings of a FIAT Grande Punto and we all know how highly regarded the budget Italian brand is on reliability!

I am definitely more interested in the Zetec S, the more I look at vehicles in person. I think they look a bit more sporty. The thing is, I am after a white one, I know I am so picky but I am willing to wait. I will either buy it from a car place and trade in my Astra, or buy private and sell my current car. The only thing with private is things occurring after the purchase of the car itself. :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club