Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Focus 2007 1.8 tdci Reverse sensor fault

Damien

Hi all when I put my car in reverse its now just making a constant bleep sound and nothing else.

i have put my ear to each sensor on back and everyone clicking so all activated

i have cleaned sprayed with wd40 and checked all wiring to sensors in bumper no joy.

anyone any ideas or had this issue before

try disconnecting the sensors one at a time and see if the constant bleep stops.if it does the sensor which is not connected could be dodgy.

• Like 1

Will give it a try someone said to me could be the sensor switch is this common to fail do you know

the switch is easy to check if your reverse lights come on when reverse is selected the switch is ok. as the power for the sensors is taken from the reverse light i would say the switch is ok.

• Like 1

Well the switch passed the test then will wait till dry weather as need do pcv valve also n not doing in rain n garage to full can't get toy car in never mind my own

On 21/08/2016 at 8:38 PM, Damien said:

Hi all when I put my car in reverse its now just making a constant bleep sound and nothing else.

I got that on mine a couple of years ago. I traced it to a dodgy sensor. But since a new Ford sensor cost about 5 times as much as a complete kit of eBay, I got the complete kit. Well under £20 for the lot. The main module fitted nicely in the same place as the old one. It can be powered directly from the reverse light, needs a wire across the car (I have only one reverse light), except I had to go through a relay to disable it for towing. The sounder was just put under the lining of the cubby hole, and adjusted in position for suitable volume (bit loud if un-obscured!).

The sensors fitted in the existing bumper holes using the surround parts off the Ford sensors. It has worked pretty well, much better than continuous beeping!

I did not bother with the display, too much hassle.

Kit looked very much like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Car-Reverse-Parking-4-Sensors-Reversing-Buzzer-Alarm-Kit-With-LED-Display-/172243272307?hash=item281a7fc273:g:MXgAAOSwbYZXYml7

• Like 1

It started off with constant bleep n then nothing, put ignition on n car in reverse.

put my ear to sensors to hear clicking noise found one which wasn't clicking so replaced with a £10 eBay one problem solved until a month later got this constant bleep, but all sensors clicking so active.

agree with ford price they quoted me £45 for one sensor I nearly choked on phone

• Like 1

All sorted now I have full bleeps 👍 Dodgy sensor on far os replaced with cheap version of eBay I had spare in glovebox happy days.

thanks guys 👏

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club